Best 50kish 3row SUV w/ 2nd row Capt Chairs

I second that, Palisade Limited or calligraphy

I can do the sienna for 2k over msrp. 3-6 month wait however if flexible with color/options I had people that just ordered and have a van coming in May…

Dealer will offer all allocations to people that ordered first so being flexible is key to getting it faster.

Just get a Telluride and call it a day. I’m man enough to rock a pink shirt but still can’t do a minivan. I get it, just can’t do it.

mods why don’t you create a pinned 3-row SUV thread. this seems to come up every week these days.

I wonder why the Telluride gets 10pts higher score than the Palisade?!?

reliability and satisfaction would be my guess although I don’t really understand the disparity there.

Toyota Highlander hybrid platinum. The hybrid gets 36 mpg in city driving. Now if you need a functional third row I wouldn’t necessarily suggest it as space is tight.

The palisade and telluride are a bit more roomy but they are being marked up like crazy in tristate area. The redesigned sequoia is supposed to come out in June/July and it looks beautiful but don’t have many details about price etc.

If be very surprised if that Sequioa prices anywhere close to msrp for a looong time. I’m thinking 5-10k over as they won’t make enough for the demand.

Theyve consistently scored higher since before they came out. I think its largely a perception thing from an aesthetics stand point. The palisade is less traditional in its styling and is more polarizing. That shouldnt make a scoring difference, but it does.

Saying the telluride has a higher predicted reliability than the palisade is silly since theyre the same thing under the skin.

Cadillac XT6

I’m interested in finding out the gas mileage on that thing. Might trade in my Highlander for it in year 2 or 3 of the cycle.

I just bought a HIghlander XLE, the Platinum has lots of nice extra features right around $55k, XLE was around $45k. I know of 2 dealers that will do MSRP but they located in the southeast. Captains chairs are great for 2nd row, we keep the 3rd row down, we wanted the extra cargo space. Gas mileage is 28-30 MPG on the highway at 70 mph cruise control, 24 mpg around town

1 Like

Can’t imagine why either…

Crestmont Toyota and Holman Toyota in NJ will sell a Highlander @ MSRP

2 Likes

Unfortunately that doesn’t mean much in a state where doc fees can be anything… could be $200 or $2,000.

Crestmont doc fee is $400. No other dealer fess. Holman doc fee is $600.

2 Likes

Telluride is the answer in this segment. You can get a Telluride SX Prestige for right at 50K. Napa leather, second row captains chairs, 4 seats that are heated and ventilated, heads up display, suede headliner, dual moonroof, all safety driver assist features. Its the best bang for the buck as long as you pay msrp.

If you are open to a minivan, the Sienna and Carnival are the best options.

Here is a picture of my wifes Telluride that we got back in October for msrp $50.055 SX Prestige, Nightfall.

2 Likes

Reliability and satisfaction aren’t factored into the road-test rating, and the delta is largely unchanged there.

Consumer Reports actually explains on the website: “The Palisade scored high in our testing but not as high as the Telluride. Several nuances in terms of ride, handling, braking, and control layout account for the difference.”

I haven’t done a deep dive, so I have no idea if the Palisade/Telluride are tuned differently (I would surprised if they were). Since CR actually buys its test cars, it’s possible that they simply bought 2 versions that were at opposite ends of normal variances? IIRC, CR has never been moved much by aesthetic difference btw cars that share a platform and some/most of the running gear, unless those aesthetic differences had an effect on usability. And, again, since CR buys its cars, they don’t re-test them that frequently (so the overall rating is unlikely to change much over time).

The methodology for predicted reliabililty ratings is (presumably) heavily based on owner surveys. So presumably the owners for the two cars are reporting things slightly differently in the surveys. Maybe Palisade owners are more picky? :wink:

Thats a really sharp spec!! Enjoy it!

1 Like

This reminds me I need to get the windows tinted on the highlander, nice looking car

1 Like