Best 50kish 3row SUV w/ 2nd row Capt Chairs

Located in Suffolk County, NY. Coming off JGC lease in September and QX60 lease in December. I’m looking to replace both with an SUV in the same size class will with 2nd row captain chairs. Looking for something in the 50-55kish MSRP range.

What are the top 3 that fit??? JGC L, Telluride, Traverse, Atlas, ETC…

Like everyone else, I’m looking to get as much car for as little as possible.

Thank you!

Telluride SX is doable at MSRP but you will need to likely go out of state and ship it. That said, the third row is lacking in space compared to rivals like the Atlas and Traverse. I can’t recall the dimensions off the top of my head on the JGC L, but I would touch base with @Clutch since he does CDJR and GM.

I will say, the Telluride has vented rear seats which isn’t something you will see in this segment, but that’s not a dealbreaker for most.

1 Like

Let the kids sweat!!! HAHA Thank you for the info. I’ll reach out to Clutch

1 Like

GMC Acadia Denali? You can even get a Yukon SLE starting around 55k.

Best deals probably JGC L and Traverse but it depends on trim level. You could order the GC from DC area from @DistrictCars or maybe even find a dealer with some on the lot.

I believe Highlander XLE comes in captains chair 2nd row. That’s quite cost effective too. That or the Atlas SE Tech are your best bets for the lowest price. Atlas probably the roomier of the 2 though.

1 Like

I don’t understand the question. You’ve targeted a certain MSRP but then ask what is the best deal and say you are looking to spend as little as possible. The latter makes me think you are talking monthly cost for a lease, but that has nothing to do with MSRP.

1 Like

You have 2 cars coming off lease in September and December. If you’re looking to replace down the line, your question is moot right now. Nobody can predict what the market will look like next week let alone 6 months from now.

When you say “Best 50kish 3row SUV…”, are you referring to best lease or best overall vehicle. If the latter, have you test drove any of them personally? I wouldn’t trust the opinion of someone else when deciding on my next car purchase, as you’re going to have 3 people that love a car, 3 people that hate it, and the rest that fall somewhere in the middle. The only opinion that matters is the one paying the monthly payment though (you). If the former, it’s also a loaded question, as incentives and lease deals are often tied to the garaged address meaning that a lease deal found in CA might not even be relevant to you in the northeast.

Hyundai palisade

2 Likes

For GCL, you could talk to @DistrictCars for the GCL, I worked with him and he has been great. I feel our long island dealers suck for pretty much any car brand. You could check out Jeep in Huntington, Westbury, Garden City for atleast a test drive on GCL. I personally found GCL looks too long even though it’s not, I can’t figure out why, something with the ratios or design.

Telluride and Palisade are great, but really tough to get a good deal on a car that hot. You’ll probably we above MSRP by alot.

Pacifica AWD or Sienna AWD.

“But its a minivan.” The only difference between these and, let’s say, Traverse is how the rear doors open. Put the Pac’s or Sienna’s doors on hinges and it is a CUV (by today’s standards).

Either can be had below your MSRP target.

If the target is truly SUV, that limits the pool considerably since it would be body on frame. And those are going for quite the premium these days.

1 Like

The carnival is even more suv-ish with its styling

2 Likes

I know nothing about them. Can you get it with 7-passenger seating and AWD? (I’m assuming AWD is a requirement for the OP)

7 seater, yes (you can just remove the middle seat)

Awd, no

Messsge me if you decide to go toyota. Can likely get you equity on your current leases too so you can get out early. Depends on the bank…

Jim
215-359-6836

I’m a die hard truck and SUV person….but a minivan was a must have for my wife. We replaced her Armada with a 2022 AWD Sienna XLE and I enjoy it much more than I would ever admit to her.

To me it is 100% the same as many of these crossover SUVs……it’s more convenient for passengers and children, provides plenty of cargo space and gets mid 30’s MPG. Plus we bought ours at MSRP in the mid $40s.

1 Like

My wife and I were used to driving fun cars and got SUVs after having our first child. But we started renting minivans on vacations just to try them out since other parent friends swore by them. It was pretty easy to lose the anti-minivan mindset after that.

It’s insane that I’m getting offers for my Sienna XSE AWD now for more than MSRP even with 15K miles on it. While offering the hybrid was clearly a win for Toyota, making it hybrid-only is probably contributing to the shortage of them. With the current dealer markups on the Sienna, this would only be a cost-effective option for OP if he can get on a waitlist at close to MSRP.

Highly doubt this will be possible unless you find a no-markup dealer and they’re probably going to be a year out on Sienna. It was a $5k markup vehicle in most circumstances before the Russian invasion.

Durango also has the capability to swap 2nd row bench with Cap chairs, but becomes 6 seater in that scenario.

When you are ready to start looking at options I work with all brands and can get it cheaper from the dealer since I am a broker! I can also get you equity for your old car!
My contact number is 917-685-3492