Bay area 430 dp, is it a good offer?

Brokers don’t have the car color I want

They all have $2000+ in drive offs though.

1 Like

yeah,
the data l referred to is Honesty car, which is 2000 drive-off.
the dealer offer to me for drive off is 1550, not that much difference compared to 2000.
the diff is 450/36= 12.5
so maybe 515 pre-tax monthly is more reaonable?

THANKS

What pre-incentive discount would you need to get to that payment?

Here is my deal, which i thought was pretty fair on a brand new model/custom build:

430i custom build total price-$51,795.
10% off msrp
Selling price - $46,616
Months 36/12k
Residual-56%
MF-.00086
Multiple security deposits-0

Taxed Incentives/Rebates - 500 loyalty + 1500 lease cash: $2,000 total

Taxes on Incentives: $60 (capitalize upfront tax)

Acquisition fee-925
Dealer fee-699

Govt fee-100

Monthly payment pre-tax-
$548
Monthly payment 3% NC sales tax- $564

Due at signing - $564

It’s also a deal from several months ago, so it’s difficult to use as a comparison point to today’s market.

I thought as days goes on, it is closer to 2022 car release, we could cost less than several months ago for 2021 car
I am not sure it still applies to 2021 for pandemic case

That’s not how this works. Lease programs change all the time, so there is no guarantee that payments will get cheaper as you get further in the year.

Case in point, this deal from March or older has a lower MF, meaning less rent charge that one has to pay.

Previous deals and marketplace listings are great for looking at the pre-incentive discount amount, but beyond that, you need to work things out for your personal situation. Programs change all the time and vary significantly by person. You can’t reliably look at someone else’s monthly payment and go off of that.

2 Likes

many thanks
I found the below links for the BMW MF

a quick question, is MF gonna change this June

Maybe? Check with the Edmunds forum for the particular Make/Model tomorrow or Thursday (typically 2-3 days into the month) to see what the current numbers are. Money factor and/or incentives can change, but don’t always.

Dunno Idk GIF by Red Fang

2 Likes

And the incentives you qualify for make a huge difference - lease cash, loyalty, conquest (if any), PenFed, OL and BMWCCA (post-sale rebate)

1 Like

That’s not how any of this works.

3 Likes

Why are we talking about 5 series?

1 Like

you are correct
I jus contacted the broker for a quote, it is much higher than form data.
54xxxx, 2500 drive-off. pre-tax600…

Now I think the 580 pre-tax from dealer makes sense…

just rough estimation for price ladder
Now I know my reference to broker form is not a correct consideration after I got real quote from one broker.
I just listed the quote above.

For future reference, pricing can vary wildly by model. Trying to determine a relationship between payment and MSRP by using data from a different model isn’t a useful comparison. Hell, often times you can’t even compare between different trims that way.

Got it
Thanks.

@nathan90 - What did you end up doing?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.