Bad Audi Lease signed. Seeking for suggestions

Hope I found this forum earlier… I just signed the contract and am regretting it right after, but the dealer said the lease cannot be cancelled because the car is technically “delivered” the moment I drove it off their parking lot.

2024 AUDI Q4 E-tron 50 Premium
MSRP: $60000 (agreed upon value after $5000 dealer rebate: $55000)
Cash Rebate: $10000
(I was amazed by this rebate amount, but neglected all the other cost…)
Term: 36
monthly payment: $710 (this is too high…)
cash due at signing: $5600
residual: $33100
Rent charge: $9200 (…)

I want to seek for advice whether I should buyout this car as soon as possible. And are there other options to walk away from this bad deal? Much appreciated for reading and commenting.

they hosed you. buy it, let them get a chargeback from Audi on the bumped up Money Factor. The car will depreciate fast though so you will be stuck with it ~5 years. you will take about the same loss as paying the craziness they charged you.

6 Likes

No, generally speaking it’s yours once you drive it off the lot.

If such options existed then I’d venture that probably half of all new car sales in the US would get returned (whether buyers remorse or they found a better deal or the wife threatened divorce etc. etc.).

3 Likes

Buy it out. Makes no sense to be on a cycle where you pay $30k every 3 years for a car selling for effectively $45

Depreciation over 4-5 years should be no worse than a Audi $60k MSRP CUV and you’ll save on gas and oil changes

1 Like

Thank you! Any suggestions about buyout?
Checked with the manager that I need to wait 3 months to buyout. What’s the expected money required for buyout? Thanks

Thank you! Any suggestions about buyout?
Checked with the manager that I need to wait 3 months to buyout. What’s the expected money required for buyout since I can buy it based on 45000 instead of 60190, the original MSRP? Thanks

You’ll see it on your Audi financial account as soon as it’s live.

Should be close to $45k less whatever part of the 5,600 went to cap cost reduction. Plus tax

1 Like

Not sure why you would need to wait 3 months. Maybe Finance manager is worrying about his juiced MF spiff.

4 Likes

You don’t have to deal with the dealer for a buyout. Just work directly with Audi Financial Services as soon as it hits your account.

2 Likes

This is because they don’t get their bonus if you cancel within 3 months lmao, you defs wanna cancel before then

11 Likes

It’s raining in so cal
I’d be googling high flood areas

12 Likes

Yes, do you have or qualify for an account with FedChoice, Navy Federal or another local credit Union? I would immediately get an approval, they will generally give you “new car” rates if you ask nicely. Then you immediately refinance from Audi. I would also rate them all 0s on the survey you get from Audi.

5 Likes

The survey is probably gonna end up in cyberspace now that the dealership knows OP is unhappy :joy:

5 Likes

You live in SoCal. You know we flood everywhere. :frowning:

2 Likes

If the dealer traded some discount for MF markup, they did the OP a favor. Maybe without him even realizing it.

4 Likes

I must have missed the part where the dealer put a gun to the OP’s head and forced them to sign this deal.

6 Likes

Totally makes sense, thanks. The manager mentioned since 7500 of the EV rebate only applies to leasing offer but not purchasing (either cash or finance), the finance department may has red flag or something. Is that real?

So true…
The manager mentioned since 7500 of the EV rebate only applies to leasing offer but not purchasing (either cash or finance), the finance department may has red flag or something. Is that real?

Thanks!

Does Audi have policy about 7500 rebate applied to lease , so need to wait?
I can definitely check with Audi finance service after I saw the details.

Did you read the part where OP said the finance manager said to wait 3 months till he can buy it out (so the F&I guy can get his bonus)?

If the F&I guy wants to be deceitful and not give accurate information, then he should receive the prize of 0’s on the survey.

6 Likes