Back again, early in the search.... looking to relinquish my "Meme" status

In an attempt to not produce “memeworthy” content, I want to come to you all early rather than after I have signed a deal like I have done previously. I genuinely always appreciate everyone’s feedback, but noone wants to be completely flamed lmao! So here is my attempt at doing everything the right way.

My Mother in law recently moved in with us and has a 2019 KIA Optima S under lease. She has about 7 months left on the lease… but needs to get a new vehicle bc the deal she got on that was to say lightly… predatory. This happened without me (laugh) or anyone with any sense around bc she lived far away. Anyways… She has about $10,000 in equity in that vehicle. She has terrible credit so the new vehicle will go in my name or my wife’s. Now I understand typically speaking, putting $10,000 down would be dumb, but unless I take ownership of that money and tuck it away in an account… It will get spent… in quick fashion… i am willing to do so, but just throwing that out there…

What she is looking for is a Rav 4 XLE or bette 3 year/10,000 miles. I will go over to edmonds and get all the numbers needed… my question for you all is what do you need from me, to insure to aid me from doing something stupid once again… in the past Ive tried to get the best deal… but you know how that goes…

At this point with the market being such… I am thinking a win would getting the dang thing for MSRP… Additionally, she is not opposed to another vehicle in that segment, so if u happen to know of any lease deals that I haven’t seen yet, I am all ears.

Wait, there is more… my wife was accepted into her dental hygiene program, so we are thinking about switching me to the Pacifica Full time, and Trading in the infamous Sorento. believe it or not… its actually worth more than I bought it for, even after racking up 16k miles…

We want something fuel efficient. so I am thinking CRV EX (possibly hybrid) 36m/10,000 miles… I have about $15,000 in equity in the Sorento… obviously… I wont be putting any money down… except for taxes (I have learned) … but that money will be set aside in an account to pay the new payment monthly…
I will get the numbers for this also… but let me know what you need from me so I can be a little more successful than in the past.

Thanks for listening to my BS… cant wait to hear from everyone.

#kia
#honda
#toyota
#trade-in

From my understanding Edmunds won’t have RV/MF for SETF but any time I see someone asking there’s an admin who can access that here…

1 Like

@mllcb42
@max_g
@4Prophet
@GOAT
@Bluemkn57cars

Hi OP…could I interest you in a…
straw GIF

1 Like

yea I agree brother

For the rav, best to just purchase it. You can go thru brokers here that might have some or look around at dealers. You want to only pay MSRP, tax, title and tags. No addons or accessories which would be a waste. For the loan, id try to get the promo apr if any or secure a loan from a credit union. There’s a thread here with low apr credit unions.

For the kia trade, id suggest also inquiring with the brokers here that buy kia leases and with kia dealers. If you can get a close enough number from the trade at the place you’re buying the rav from to save on tax if GA has those benefits.

I can not see Gifs on my current (wrk) computer, but I can only imagine!

So the man reason for the Trade in and lease on the RAV, is Mother-In-Law is on a fixed income, and really wants to have the benefit of a “$100” or less payment for those three years… right now she is paying nearly $400 a month…

Thanks so much for the quick reply, I hope ur well brother.

1 Like

I see that reasoning, the avg joe looks at payment only but look into what the money factor on the lease is… if its like 6-7% high (idk what it is) then most of your monthly going to banks pocket rather than ur pocket (equity)

Oh I forgot your kia is a lease… youre not getting a tax credit on that if you trade to rav dealer. Maybe on the equity part but thats going to be fairly minimal

Yea, trust me, I wanted to get another Kia… but all kia dealers in my area have completely lost their minds… we are talking 30k over MSRP on some vehicles… stingers… telluride. the new sportage is around 10-15k over msrp… I would have some leverage bc they want my trade-ins… but not even worth the hassle…

I will waiting on Edmonds numbers… ill post here in a bit…

I’m confident enough to wager 20 imaginary dollars you’re in ATL area.

About 2 hours east in augusta!

Thoughts on the calc deal?

Is that what you’re looking to get or have been offered? Did you get trade in offers?

So yea thats basiaclly the deal. The trade in came in about 5k less than what the vehilce was worth, but i have a near Nada offer from carvana. Went to another dealer and they said just take the carvana money… which is jsut annoying.

Bob richards is one dealership the other from the white paper is the other deal… they say they dont charge anything extra…