Audi SQ5 P+ Proposal

The dealerships I’ve been dealing with have had no idea what the MSD was. I made them go to their financial departments and ask around about it. They were surprised to find out they existed, but still dismissed it as silly. They ask why you would want to put down $6k on MSD’s to save $40 a month. But seems that it’s zero risk and you save $480 a year. $480 a year return on $6,000 would be an 8% return on basically no risk. But I don’t understand why no one else has done it in the 10 years these guys been working there.

I rather give the $5k to the IRS before I let Audi hold it hostage for 36 months with No interest

2 Likes

no interest? MSDs net a guaranteed 9+% annual ROI. It’s probably the highest return for the lack of risk investment you could make.

Now, there becomes a point when you have enough money in the bank that your risk tolerance justifies putting the money into higher risk/higher reward investments, and that’s fine. It’s worth knowing what you’re comparing against though.

3 Likes

And unlike other interest earning investments, there’s no gains tax.

3 Likes

Looks great man, congrats!

I live in VA and my lease expires in May. I’m looking to get a SQ5 also. Anyone know if I can expect to get that same kind of deal up here? Around $650/month with minimal DAS? Thanks!

usually the northeast tend to have the best lease deals, South Florida is a tough market

Should I take the deal?

2020 Audi SQ5 P+
12k miles/36 month
$5k drive off
$740.71/month
MF .00093
MSRP: $65,690
Selling price: $61,151
$750 Rebate

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Zip code 92127

Almost $900/month equivalent on an SQ5 is WAY too much

1 Like

Should I just go to another dealer? Or try to work on this deal?

I would first spend some time figure out what the car should lease for, given the current lease terms, the incentives you qualify for and comparable dealer discounts from other deals you’ve came across on here. If you’re going to shop for a good deal, you gotta figure out what that is before you can compare anything to it.

I saw this on here from December and is in LA, I’m located in San Diego.

Rumor has it there was someone on here that got an SQ5 for about $10k off about a week ago.

tryna different dealer, you have better deal in California compared to Florida, you can definitely do better

Put it this way. The guy who started this thread got offered the same exact car for $650 down and $650 a month before audi care & the dent package. You offer included more than $4,000 down and your monthly payment is still almost $100 more a month. It sounds like an AWFUL deal. Show the dealer some of these deals and if he won’t get on board or come close then walk

The discount off the MSRP also looks weak. People are seeing discounts regularly around 10%. The original posted for his from 63k MSRP down to 53k. Use that range as reference of what you should be looking for

I would advise against this. This almost never works. I say almost because I don’t know every situation. I’ve personally never seen it ever work.

I didn’t mean literally show him the threads from the website. I mean to reference that other dealers in the area are offering more competitive deals. I say that in this case because it seems like his current offer is nowhere near where it should be

Goto a different dealer. If you aren’t having success, consider one of the brokers.

Since you’re in Southern CA, look to some of the bigger volume stealerships. My approach: Research. Get base MF, RV from Edmunds forums. Identify a specific vehicle at their lot to focus on to get a better deal (www.audiusa.com/inventory). Reach out to their internet sales/fleet manager. Some of the Audi stealership guys participate on this forum: Guan/Sam (Audi BH) @AudiGuan, @Samaudibh, Donny (Audi Carlsbad) @DonnyAudi, etc.

Suggested places that I’ve done deals with: Santa Monica Audi (Helen S), Audi Beverly Hills, Audi Pacific, Audi Calabasas (JC Gomez), and Audi San Diego (Don Bragg).

Good luck- you can do much better.

1 Like

Here is another deal - not sure about this one either

2020 SQ5 P+
36 months - 12k miles/year
MSRP: $64,790
Selling price: $59,578
Residual $36,930.30
Drive off $2,000
Monthly payment $768.19 including tax

Like I said, I’m not sure about this deal either. Appreciate the guidance thus far.

Is it a good deal?

Let’s try this a different way.

Based on what you’ve learned/read here, tell us if you think this is a good deal and why.

3 Likes