Audi SQ5 P+ Proposal

How many very wealthy people do you know? They don’t have cash sitting in the bank it’s invested. Sure they can pull it out but why bother. The flip side is if you can afford this car you can afford to not pay the MSD and have your payment be $30 more a month.

You save the same amount per MSD if the starting MF is .0005 or .005.

The only limitation is if the starting MF is so low you can’t make it any lower with MSDs

I’m not speaking directly to the OP as he/she never brought up MSD, someone else did.

My statement was just a generalization.

Making a security deposit is a choice, and I’m not criticizing anyone that chooses not to. I would criticize someone that’s driving a $65k car and doesn’t have an extra $5k lying around that they could use towards MSD.

Question about MSD’s. My dealer says he’s never heard of them in Louisiana? Does anyone know if MSD’s are done in Louisiana? Looking at getting a lease and I brought up putting down some MSD’s, but he said he’s never even heard of it.

Cmon man we’re talking $5k not $500k. It doesn’t take a wealthy person to have $5k cash available if needed.

Lots of dealers have no clue about MSD or don’t want to put in the time to structure the deal.

We don’t have much data from Louisiana around here, but the only state we know msd are a no-no are NY.

There’s a ton of misinformation being thrown around here.

2 Likes

I just picked up the car after going back and forth I finally settled on this deal.

$710 monthly, thats including AudiCare, Wheel protection and Scratch and Dent

DAS - $653

36/10

Sticker price $63k

No MSDs

Btw for the guy in the thread who said I have no business buying a $65k car if I wasn’t interested in putting $5k in MSDs. Well here’s my $63k car in front of my $77k car parked in front my $1.6m House.

10 Likes

Congrats on your purchase and very nice comeback to the douche making that comment.

1 Like

Thank you man!!, it’s my first Audi and I’m definitely been enjoying the process and the car thus far

Congrats on your deal and enjoy the SQ5. Looks like you are in sunny FL or at least somewhere warmer than Boston.

Lesson of the day - You can’t judge someone just because their LH deal does not meet your “requirements”.

3 Likes

Thanks man! I always wanted this color, I always had a white car and I needed to switch things up a bit. Damn you’re in Boston? Yikes I need to be more grateful for SoFL weather, I’m always complaining about the heat here. :weary::weary:

It is only about 20 degrees today in Boston. :grimacing:
My in-laws live down in SoFL, near Naples. They escape the heat in the summers and come up North for a few months.

Ahhh!! But I do appreciate the seasons, we only have Hurricane season here :weary::weary:

You completely missed the point of my comment. Yes wealthy people have 5K, no it isn’t lying around in the bank and most would rather keep it in an investment account. You really shouldn’t make comments with extreme generalizations.

OMG that’s savage… I love it! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

You know, if you had bought a $1.595m house, you could afford your MSDs :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Lol you’re saying wealthy folks have zero money in a checking account?

Dude. For the last time you completely missed my point. I’m saying they don’t want to park it in an MSD to lower a payment buy $30 a month. And assuming someone can’t afford a car because they don’t wanna to put down MSDs is obtuse.

1 Like

Again, that’s not what I said. There’s a difference between not wanting to leave a security deposit, and not being able to.