Audi S5 Sportback - Please Help Rate This Deal

They absolutely will, I had an occasion where there was an issue with a turn in. The vehicle cannot be CPO’d if the tune is found. To each their own, thought I’d chime in on this. Also, for the record I mod most of my vehicles, but I also know the possible risks!

1 Like

I understand. That is why you can always roll back the tune to stock. Many Q50 owners do it with the JB4.

Whether you “roll back” or not there are ways for the manufacturer to find it out. When your engine goes kaboom they are not paying for it.

1 Like

Exactly, there are ways for them to find out. The car I’m speaking of was reverted to stock for a while before being traded in, the ecu was still flagged.

they can even flag your car when you go for an oil change, as soon as they plug the vag cable to reset the maintenance interval and for whatever reason they decide to do a scan, you are done.
Lots of Audi owners buy a vag cable to do minor changes to their mmi system (me included) and sometimes, not always, during the oil service the changes are reverted back because of the scan.

You’d be doing a disservice to yourself if you don’t test drive the m340i. If you’re still sold on the s5 despite the ~$250+ per month delta, then at least you can say you gave the competition a fair shot.
In any case it’ll be wise to source your vehicle in California rather than shopping from NY. This is the land of milk and honey with regards to leasing luxury vehicles.
Best of luck to you!

1 Like

Everything needs to be the same.

So you’re telling me that because a transmission in one car has the same number of cogs as the transmission in another car from two different manufacturers under the same umbrella Corpmakes it the same part?

That’s a low bar to set and Only Toyota and Lexus does that as far as i can recall without doing additional research.

The transmissions and engine builds are different. The only thing in common is the general infotainment layout, number of cogs in the transmission, and the use of a EA888 long block.

Everything that makes a car unique is different between them. From the types of seats, to the fuel rail and engine programming, to the use of different transmissions (even if they use the same number of cogs, they are still different parts), to even the chassis being different.

Yes, they’re both four cylinder “lift back” designs with touch screens.

Those are just similar and general attributes. From a mechanical and engineering standpoint; they are wholly different vehicles.

The S4 is going to lease a lot better. Expect at least $100 less per month without the $5k due at signing

1 Like

They aren’t necessarily identical, yet they share many common parts and the feel is very similar. My Q5 felt similar enough to my CC. The steering felt identical, to be honest.

I’ll take the m340 over the s4 personally. How old is the s4 now this model wise?

Nearly every car w/ electric power steering feels identical in that regard…

1 Like

To the uninitiated, yes. Driving a large crossover feels the same As driving a sport sedan.

These people don’t shop based on driving dynamics. They shop based on whether the car has apple car play or if their friends will fawn over their new, expensive luxury toy.

See the new A220 and what it’s leasing for nowadays. Atrocious.

3 Likes

First difference, the platform.
Arteon uses MQB which VAG uses for front wheel drive cars and fwd based awd cars.
A4/A5 uses MLB which VAG uses for rear wheel drive based AWD cars.
The basis of the cars are different.

And also Arteon uses 7-speed DSG, while S5 uses 8-speed ZF auto transmission.
Completely different transmission unlike what you stated above.

And you cherry picked S5 owners’ comments who hates the car that they decided to buy.
I can cherry pick S5 owners that love their car over anything else and it’ll make S5 sound like dream car coming true.

Did you even do a research before you put your bias into this? lol

4 Likes

A4/5 are front wheel drive architecture. But I agree they have nothing to do with arteon

1 Like

Read this…

I only skimmed, but there is nothing in the link to refute what @surfer has said.

The MLB platform is (well known) to be FWD-based, and you can add Quattro. Without Quattro, it’s FWD only.

Which probably describe the majority of the car-buying population, alas. :frowning: Even BMW doesn’t apparently feel the need to tune the steering to feel like their older cars (although they can do so fairly easily, from what I understand). And, truth be told, given how most US drivers actually drive on a daily basis, the deadened and less direct steering feel probably works better.

1 Like

This article explains the system better:
“Delving into the drive select system changes the manner in which the system operates. Auto mode maximizes traction but keeps an eye on fuel conservation by limiting the use of the all-wheel mode to those times when it is actually needed. Dynamic mode engages the all-wheel side earlier and keeps it in play for longer. Now, if you want to have some serious fun, engage dynamic mode and switch off the traction nanny, and the car can be drifted because of the rear-drive bias the system adopts”. Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/driving.ca/audi/a4/auto-news/news/audis-quattro-shows-not-all-awd-systems-are-the-same/amp

If OP is looking at an s5 sportback, the s4 is less of a compromise than a 340i. Nothing wrong with the bmw, but the interior of the s4 is just about identical to the s5sb and the exterior isn’t that far off. It’s almost the same car minus the fastback trunk. S4 is just as old/new as the s5.

As mentioned, s4 leases reasonably well.

1 Like