Audi MSD program

Does anyone know details on the Audi MSD program. I’m looking at A5 sportback or Allroad and while the residual is good the MF is awful. Any way to get this down reasonably? MSD or single pay could both be on the table

What is the MF? Usually Audi MSD doesn’t save enough $ to be worth it

Leasehackr’s calculator shows the MSD for Audi. Each MSD reduces the MF by .00005 and a max of 10 can be applied.

I think the MF being awful is an understatement! Isn’t it like 0.00355 or something?

Not that bad but still poor. A5 SB is .00188 / 60% resid for 36/12. Allroad I think is even worse w .00225 and 58% residual. Also I just found out there are no cash incentives for the Allroad now . Pretty much makes it unleaseable.

1 Like

Ah yea, my bad. Just looked it up on the Edmunds. .00225 MF and 59% for 36/12, plus zero rebates.

I happened to be looking at them yesterday since I had gotten an email from my local dealer touting a decent lease deal, and since I like quirky cars, was looking at the all-road.

Me also,. Not that it should matter , but every third car on my block is an A4, Q3 or Q5. I don’t like crossovers but the Allroad seemed different enough and more car like to be interesting. But with the 3 k premium of MSRP over similarly equipped A4, plus the terrible lease numbers w lack of incentives it’s a tough sell.

Will AFS allow max MSD with a one-pay lease, or is it one or the other?
Thanks

Way to revive a 6 year old thread.

A one pay is a single payment, not a cumulative prepayment.

If you have a one pay lease of $20,000, are you asking if you can put down $200,000 for MSDs ($20,000 pmt x 10)?

One or the other.

General leasing note: make sure you check the MFs for both scenarios, as sometimes the one-pay has a higher MF than max MSDs.

I loathe making installment payments, but I detest paying finance charges even more.

1 Like

The difference IIRC is negligible last month the Q5 was .00185 on one-pay vs .00180 with MSD or maybe the other way around.

You can argue the difference between 9 and 10 MSDs is negligible also (and then make the same argument between 8 and 9, and then 7 and 8). :slight_smile:

Brought back to the dead bc other similar searches indicate the thread has been closed.
And your example of MSD isn’t accurate

I’m just saying that $150 over 3 years shouldn’t sway you in one direction or the other.

And yet it does. :wink:

I think it is both accurate and inaccurate. :crazy_face: But it’s also a moot point and not worthy of a theoretical debate.

Only NMAC allows this AFAIK.

Very much an exception

1 Like