Audi Lease End Protection for $750, worth it?

Hi there, will be signing for an SQ5 tomorrow, I negotiated the audi lease end protection from $1600 down to $750 since I learned here the cost is really $699. 36 months, 7500 miles, I would probably have to replace the tires and this would cover it. Is it worth it? Is there something I’m not thinking about?

Does the policy cover tire wear?

In any event, the tires should last 22,500 miles.

1 Like

It does cover tires, it covers $10k of excess wear and tear, including replacement tires.

How much wear and tear have you had to pay on your previous leases?

take it . It;s worth it

1 Like

For $750 it’s a no brainer especially on a SQ5

3 Likes

Audi is so picky at lease return, for ~$20/mo and it covers tires i’d take it

2 Likes

Hey @Samaudibh, how long after signing a lease can you add lease protection?

@therippa, would you mind sharing which dealer offered you that? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks to both!

it has to be done at the time of contract

2 Likes

Take it and do donuts right before you turn it in! All joking aside with no transfers it makes it a little easier to swallow knowing you are likely going to be the one grounding it.

3 Likes

If ever bought this product, and I would never buy it, I would make sure to get my money’s worth. I’d be on some office space spree.

PC load letter???

4 Likes

Hello. I got the same package for my leased Q3 S-line. Started from 40$/month, I haggled down to $24.58/month, 42 month lease. I am still debating if it is a good deal or I should cancel. I am good with my cars, however I am worried about the tires.

Welcome to LeaseHackr!

The cost is $699 according to the original post.

You are paying $850 plus interest over the 42 month term. Maybe you should renegotiate it if that is even possible.

Thank you!

That’s actually the amount including interests. It’s $850 with no interests.

Why not just pay the $850 upfront? It does not need to be part of the lease if an extra $180 approximately is going to interest.

Good point. I’ll ask my dealer.

The biggest expense for an SQ or S model will likely be the brakes.

Can you really put a price on peace of mind, though?

I had my audi lease end inspection and despite a host of issues none of them triggered the lease end protection.

Stuff that happened to my audi:

-Rock through windshield - insurance covers the replacement with no hit to rates

-Someone backed into my front bumper - insurance covered replacement with no hit to rates

-Various door dents and dings from LA parking - normal wear and tear

-Driver arm rest leatherette torn - normal wear and tear

-Rear bumper scratches near trunk - normal wear and tear

-Significant tree sap stains on hood - not mentioned in report

-Tires said to still be in the acceptable zone after 30k miles of hard LA commuter driving

So I could’ve not had the protection and everything would’ve been fine.