Audi E-tron lease

So…Audi FS is a DBA for VW Credit Inc, which is headquartered in Herndon, VA. An American lender is mighty unlikely to borrow Euros to fund its operations lending money to Americans buying their cars (which are mostly built IN America).

VW AG has been so burned by currency risk before, I can imagine them suffocating in their garage from diesel fumes by mistake, but never (again) currency shock.

Right. Varying degrees of the rate being subvented. The lender is a wholly owned subsidiary of the manufacturer: it’s a (partial) jobs program.

I get that you wish the soda fell out of the vending machine without a dollar, but then there wouldn’t be soda to fall out, nor a vending machine to dispense it. There is no reason for any aspect of the e-tron to have a big orange SALE sign on it yet: too soon.

The AG entity will borrow the money and will fund the US subsidiary via an intercompany loan or capital contribution. Either way their cost of capital is not 5%. You can’t convince me that currently the normal rate is 5% if every other car in their lineup is sub 3% and all of their competitors charge 1-2%. And again I’m not talking about an orange sale sticker just asking for market MF.

So would you be satisfied if they lowered the MF, but then also lowered the RV too? Complaining about a bank’s leasing program is useless. If you don’t like the numbers, then don’t get the car.

1 Like

You won’t get it…and there is a good reason for it, it sells with these bad terms. The US year total so far is at 4623, this is a fairly limited production car for now so they don’t need to push too hard with discounts.

The RV is already too low but that’s a separate story.

What do you think it should be? 50% on a 36/10 ev Audi honestly seems much higher than I’d expect.

2 Likes

Could not disagree more. As ev tech goes, the E-tron impresses with… nothing! 50% is high now for its specs…you wanna guess what will be available tech wise in 3 years from now?
That 50% RV is actually 60% when you account for the fed credit.

I don’t know, you tell me. Teslas are in the high 60s. Tesla model 3 is a glorified Chevy cruize with nothing inside but an iPad.

I know right. It’s like complaining about why Ferrari are 200k+

It also costs almost half the $ and as ev tech goes, it’s superior in pretty much every aspect…different class too.
What are you trying to do here? Convince us or convince yourself of the E-tron? Look, I recently drove one and it’s an awesome car…but it’s really nothing special. If you want one probably your best bet is to buy.

I think best bet is not to touch this thing until they get the MF straight. The main reason for my comments is that I think it has the potential to be a pretty decent lease with the tax credit. I am not sure about the buy comment though since Audi is telling me that it will lose half its value in 3 years and generally I prefer to lease. Btw there’s a sportback version coming next year which looks pretty nice.

Let me know when you can buy out your Tesla lease at the end for rv.

EVs generally have much lower residuals, because technology is rapidly changing and they get a bunch of money in tax credits thrown at them. Look at the other EVs on the market with 3 year residuals in the 30s and 40s.

1 Like

Ok, it’s now. With the exception of the 3 the rest of the models you can buyout for whatever the RV is.

I mentioned this before but for some reason it’s not registering with some. The RV is that low (especially for the cheaper evs) because there is no free lunch on the market. That $7500 fed credit has to be accounted for. Take my example, my eGolf with 41% RV $13458, msrp 32825. Accounting for the fed credit alone will make the RV jump to 64%!..not to mention the state credits/rebates. The regular Golf RV is much lower that that.

Has anyone taken a look at this?
California is no longer giving our rebates for EVs over $60k.

The reshaping makes it pretty clear that the goal is to use the available funds to better serve low to moderate-income individuals and families, while reducing the number of rebates issued to higher-income applicants. Some of the changes that will help to achieve that goal are capping the rebate to vehicles with MSRP of $60,000 or less, limiting the rebate to one per individual (lifetime) and reducing the rebate from $2,500 to $2,000 for battery electric vehicles, and from $1,500 to $1,000 for plug-in hybrids. Rebates for fuel cell vehicles have also dropped by $500, from $5,000 to $4,500.

California also now excludes plug in hybrids that do not go at least 35 miles on a charge. So the BMW 530e is no longer eligible.

I think all Volvo would be excluded then as well

The State website indicates the following models are now excluded:

• Audi e-tron

• Audi A3 e-tron

• BLUECAR Bluecar

• BMW 530e iPerformance

• BMW 530e xDrive iPerformance

• BYD e6

• Ford Focus Electric

• Ford C-MAX Energi

• Hyundai Tucson Fuel Cell

• Jaguar I-PACE

• Karma Revero GT

• Mercedes Benz B250e

• Mitsubishi i-MiEV

• Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

• Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid PHEV

• Tesla Model S

• Tesla Model X

• Volvo S60 T8

• Volvo S90 T8

• Volvo V60 T8

• Volvo XC80 T8

• Volvo XC90 T8

It’s been discussed in 2 other threads: the ongoing one on CVRP and someone posted it again the other day when it went into affect.

I’ll say again: the Tesla Fed tax credit ends this month and CVRP has tightened: it’s already pushed down residual values and now the support is coming off the table. Look for more price cuts in Q1.

You don’t say…the credit expiration probably will have the opposite effect RV wise. It’s money you are taking out the total lease cost.
This is an Audi tread, btw…and credit wise, they are fine…for a long time.

Anyone have any current offers on the E-tron with the new January 2020 lease programs? Looking in the Bay Area, CA.