Audi Buyout Change effective 3/1/2022

yes 500-800 depending on the model

2 Likes

Quick update for others reference, no buy fee or segment fee was charged for purchasing Audi at lease end at dealership (California)

there is no buy fee to the original lessee.

2 Likes

only applies to people selling their lease to dealers

1 Like

Wow I’m confused, I see $500-800 fees on buyout, then I see no fees on buyout then I see it’s a Lease Sale and not a buyout?

if the customer is buying the car out, and then registering it themselves, there’s no dispo or buy fee.

if a customer is selling it to an Audi dealer, or 3rd party, the segment fee & dispo are imposed.

1 Like

This sounds like what Honda has been doing for some time. I recall reading many complaints about it here, with some allegedly getting a refund when contacting the BBB.

Hopefully not too off-topic, but having an incredibly frustrating and annoying time dealing with Audi Financial. First, they never seem to answer the phone - the line is always “we’re busy, call back later”, and the requests for a dealer payoff are automated and can take forever to process, and there is no one to hold accountable or escalate.

We have a Carmax offer expiring tomorrow and still waiting for the payoff FAX to be completed.

Any suggestions on how to escalate this would be appreciated.

what state are you in ? Audi Financial will not let Carmax payoff your car for your payoff . they’ll jack the price up by 1000s

I don’t believe this is correct - a dealer payoff is a dealer payoff, they don’t customize the price based on who is paying is buying it, the only subtle difference is consumer payoff amount vs dealer payoff amount. I already spoke to the original selling dealer and know the exact amount of the dealer payoff already, I just need it faxed to Carmax by tomorrow.

Well as an Audi Dealer I am informing you that you cannot sell your leased car to Carmax for your Payoff . The Carmax payoff will be 1000s more than yours .

What state are you planning to do this ?

6 Likes

Southern California

Call me in the morning and I’ll guide you through this

424-281-5606

You are mistaken.

There is a different payoff amount for a 1st party dealer (vw/audi dealer) and a 3rd party dealer (non-vw/audi dealer). This is a very common thing these days… banks will allow the dealers they are affiliated with to have preferential buy outs, as it often means that vehicle us then resold and then financed again through the affiliated bank, but charge 3rd parties market value.

Not all banks do this, but many do. Some simply don’t allow 3rd party buyouts at all as well.

1 Like

So I’m back with my mea culpa moment - was screwed by Audi Financial as was warned last night, our payoff is 39K, Audi dealer payoff was 40K, and the payoff offered to Carmax was - drum roll - $52K :roll_eyes:

So, aside from wasting 3 hrs on the phone chasing Audi to actually send that insulting 52K quote because they seem incapable of sending a fax in a timely manner, it’s obviously no-deal with Carmax.

I do want to give kudos to Sam from Audi of Beverly Hills, he took the time to talk over some options that might have worked, except those other dealers really low-balled the offer, but at least he was willing to help. If we ever considered an Audi again, which Audi Financial has basically killed our interest in doing, we would go to Sam for sure.

So in the end, we will probably do a lease return, pay the lease return fee, but have some satisfaction knowing that after the car goes to auction, Audi Financial will choke on the loss. A little sad because we liked the car and it rode like a dream, so hopefully it finds a good new home somewhere.

5 Likes

It was my pleasure to guide you

8 Likes

Then the only cars you have left is a Chevy, Toyota ,or Jeep, because Adding ADM to 3rd Party dealers is the norm.

I thought GM stopped allowing 3rd party buyouts all together.

1 Like

Oh yah, well then that list shrunk a bit more.

Just sorta tired of ‘XXX doesn’t allow 3rd party buyouts we will never lease with them again’, when that is the norm, not the exception.

2 Likes

People seem to forget that it is the bank’s car to begin with and you’re just renting it. The restrictions make sense IMO. Perhaps the Algorithms/premiums are a bit much for the 3rd party payoff, but if you’re Audi, you’d rather have a car back in an Audi dealer’s hands so that its CPO’d (which the dealer has to pay for), as opposed to Carmax/CVNA etc.

1 Like