Audi Buyout Change effective 3/1/2022

There is no language that does. Respectfully - it’s not your car and I highly doubt an American court will make a ruling that sticks that forces a company to sell the property they rent to you to a third party.

2 Likes

That is the point I was trying to make. The lease agreement does not give the lessee the right to sell the car. Audi and other manufactures, pre COVID, allowed such sales since it was generally to their benefit to do so. Now most manufacturers are stopping or limiting such sales, which they have the legal right to do so, since they are not changing any contract terms.

Can you highlight which contractually obligated buyout option they’re adding fees to?

This affects dealer payoffs. Inflated 3rd party payoffs still exist

2 Likes

I think dealer buyout vs lessee buyout is being mixed in this thread.

Exactly. Nothing contractually obligated is changed here.

Yes correct. The dealer buyout has changed. Consumer buyout is the quote you get the AFS portal

1 Like

Of course right in the month I was selling my S4 in a week…would that be Segment B or C?

I was in the CarMax parking lot after rejecting a lower buy out of my 21 E-Tron from the Audi dealer when the Sales Manager called me and told me that it happened to his wife with a Range Rover. That CarMax and Carvana offer about a $1k more but the lessee finds out later that there’s a huge difference in the payoff and in his wife’s case it was $10k! I knew about GMF and thought it was for new leases but didn’t know about old leases. I tried to get out of the depo fee but had to pay it. I put zero down one year ago and paid $645 per month for a lease and had two years left and although I loved the Audi we are moving and need to get down to one car. The Audi dealer is paying off the lease and giving me a check for close to $9k! So I got paid close to $1200 to drive a new Audi $78k E-Tron for a year!!!

5 Likes

Does anyone have an Audi example with MSDs selling to Autonation? Do they cut the check for it or just over the residual and it comes to me direct?

I sold an Audi with MSDs to Autonation.

The MSDs came back to me from Audi Financial a few weeks after Autonation bought it out.

3 Likes

Had a client do what you did going into a Land Rover Disco, this was a while back but it came to them directly, so to you direct.

1 Like

Just sold my Audi S4 to AutoNation. My segment fee was $500 (not sure why diff?) fwiw since I got $1095 less than my residual payout. They dont show the break down but the rep said $495/$100 is standard so thats what was left…

Very simple, quick, easy process, no tax hassle, they even do a liability release form for you.

Would probably guess the combo of Dispo + Buy Fee + Segment = $1095.

What are the latest Audi dealer fees if buying out the lease yourself? AFS is useless, says have to go through Audi dealer to purchase.

Ask @Samaudibh to help you out.

1 Like

What state?

California

Then sam for sure, but wow i didnt know VW was enforcing the desler buyout rule in CA

1 Like

@Samaudibh any buy fee or segment fees when purchasing audi lease at lease end in California?