Audi 2018 Q7 Lease

Outside of asking for Audi corporate to completely absolve you of your current lease due to the issues you’ve had, there is literally nothing you can do that makes any logical or financial sense. There is no reasonable number to throw out when you are rolling in 10k negative.

1 Like

Yeah you’re 6 months in on a 48 month lease. You’re always going to be underwater at this point and I’ve seen no logical reason why you should get into a new Q7 lease. I could maybe understand the desire to get into a Q5, though the numbers still wouldn’t be good.

If you have the kind of money to throw at this problem then go right ahead. I don’t think anyone on this forum will advocate for any action at this point, other than fixing the issues on the current car. No new lease with that amount of negative equity would constitute anything even close to a deal.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but Audi is offsetting $7K of the negative equity and a good chunk of the taxes due to trade in rules?

10k is way too much in negative equity. It sounds like the Q7 is still driveable, it’s just “nice” to not have seat and roof rattles. I understand that when you spend as much as you do on this type of product that you demand the best quality… but that’s not the situation you’re in and rolling 10k on another Q7 to maybe have the same problems is simply just not a good idea. What’s the real thinking here?

You’ll be paying on Q7s for years and years, it’s not going to go away. Continue to make warranty claims, they have to fix it under warranty. I don’t know what lemon law is like in Texas (call your state attorney’s office to find out their input), but in most States a lemon law is enacted when the same problem cannot be fixed by the fourth try. There’s also a time requirement for warranty repairs in many states, so check that as well.

The warranty direction is the direction you SHOULD be taking on a new lease that is giving you problems, you shouldn’t be trying to dump one with so much negative equity to get into a new one that has even more negative equity. 1150 a month for a 70k car seems a little insane to me.

Yes 7 K of new car price,they wont let me use it to end lease.They want me to stuck on this.and No tax incentives

They tried 9 times to fix it,I am glad I saved all receipts. And I called Audi NA and they said they cant do anything other than 10% on new car and I asked them If I can use it to get off lease with that 10 % they said no .Roof rattle is gone away at the moment(It did came back after 1000 miles every time) I am sure will be back in a month and Seat issues they saying they replaced driving seat but still I don’t know what they doing. From everyone’s input, I make mind to pursue Lemon law. I had 38 months left on it it was a 48-month lease. Thank you all for valuable inputs.

Pursue lemon law.

1 Like

I just called an attorney he said Rattle and smell are hard to get through so he cant do it.sigh!

Email the Audi district manager and tell them the issues you’ve had.

Not a bad idea. Essentially - ask that they switch out your car for a new one (same spec) with no issues

smell? what does it smell of?

Nothing,mine dont smell, Attorney said its hard with noise and smell case

What exactly and specifically are the issues?

Moon roof rattle, engine misfired one time ,and driver seat always makes cracking noise.

So they couldn’t fix these issues? They are annoying but certainly not huge. Engine miss fired once? That’s it? Sometimes that could happen and the computer re calibrates. Did you try a different dealer?

1 Like

At least in California, I think to lemon a car, the issues need to be hazardous, safety related, etc. roof and seat rattles probably don’t meet that threshold, just shitty quality control.

4 Likes

Yes it varies by state, but most of the time it has to be something more than just an ‘annoyance’.

And obviously the solution to having a leased vehicle with awful quality control and no resolution of the issues is to trade it in on an even more expensive one from the same manufacturer and same dealer :rofl:

Not a good situation, but it’s made worse by the control dealerships have in Texas. I also live in Houston.

For starters the Q7 Prestige has the worst residual and highest MSRP so unless you really need those options try and pick out a Premium Plus and you’ll save some money.

That said, if your wife thinks the Q7 is too big why aren’t you targeting a Q5 Premium Plus and saving yourself a few hundred per month? If they won’t do the similar $7k incentive I would just keep your Q7 and force them to replace the squeaky seat (put a small scratch underneath it so you know if they have actually replaced it).

1 Like