Around $800 lease-sub 5 second-sedan or coupe-fits in 1% rule

I looked online for loaner 340i in 150 mile radius. Found only 2, and both have terrible discounts.

Taxes are calculated by where you live/car will be registered, not where itā€™s purchased.

Youā€™re stuck with the Maryland tax laws and that really hurts the deal.

So here are your choices:

1. Broaden your horizons
  2. Hire a broker to do the dirty work for you
  3. Pay what the local market offers if you donā€™t want to do 1 or 2
  4. Move on to researching another car.
1 Like

Have you considered the RC F (what I drive) or GS F? They have the same engine as the LC 500, can fit someone small in the back (RC F) or larger in the GS F. 0-60 time is about 4.3 seconds. You should be able to get a lease on one in your budget. Iā€™m paying $674/month on 36/12 for a demo that had 2k miles.

1 Like

Can a GS-F be done for ~$675/month?

It has a higher MSRP than the RC F, but they arenā€™t exactly flying off the lots. It canā€™t hurt to ask.

1 Like

Jaguar XF 35t or S model

1 Like

You will not beat a 340i + jb4 on the combination of acceleration, total cost, back seat and image.

I see the JB4 is just plug and play. Do you remove it every time the car goes in for maintenance or only when the car is returned at end of lease.

Depends on how anal you are. I would say most people leave them in.

right now the S6 and S7 are on stop sale so when they go off of the recall they will have some nice incentives to move them.

1 Like

Interesting, Jonathan. Any idea when theyā€™ll be back?

its looking like November time

Maserati Ghibli S. 0-60 in 4.7. Roomy back seat. Looks and sounds like no other car on the road. MSRP approx $85k, with an all-in lease of under $800 for 12k/36.

Safest to remove it, but some people with friendly techs donā€™t even do that. Itā€™s a quick install and removal process anyway

Can you still get that deal though? The dealership in Orlando couldnā€™t match that again.

Well Iā€™m certainly no expert in lease negotiations, so if I could get that deal then Iā€™m sure someone else can. I think timing was the key. They apparently needed to sell a car. At some point, they will again need to sell a car just as badly and will repeat this deal.

To piggyback off your statementā€¦along with how anal you are, it also depends on the service adviser working on the car. Some could care less, others, who follow things by the book might look away during an oil change, but come in with a powertrain issue, and even if itā€™s not directly related to the JB4, they can tag the car, and BMW will deny a warranty claim.

Iā€™ve talked to several CAs about this. The dealer I bought my car from, the CA told me their guys look the other way, and the CA actually encouraged me to buy a JB4. The dealer I took the car for maintenance closer to home said they have a new guy that follows things by the book, and will tag the car, and strongly suggested removal even during an oil change to prevent any trouble with him. This same CA said he once worked at a dealer down south where the service mgr would call a customer, tell him to come in and disconnect the JB4 if a warranty claim needed run before they would continue. He was cool with the JB4, but paranoid about calling someone at the office number for fear he was being recorded, so would call on his personal cell instead.

One also needs to keep in mind CAs will often say anything to make a sale, and they have no control over the service dept.

Valid point. I will say my CA recommended it after all was said and done, so the sale was already made. With that said, you do need to have some common sense when toying with something that could potentially void a warranty.