Are too many newbies expecting a unicorn-type deal?

Two dealers “challenged” my ask for XX% off and how I came up with my target monthly. I literally had to email them a breakdown of how to calculate a lease by hand. So that’s what I meant. You should know your MF, RV (for your mileage terms) and incentives for your region.

I’ve mentioned this before, but today, a second dealer I had contacted was not aware of the $1k Penfed Audi rebate. Maybe they were just playing dumb, but being able to walk away from a deal/dealer that does not look/sound right is the best feeling.

1 Like

I ran into this on my e-tron. The dealer was adamant that I was over stating the incentives by $1k. Turns out they didn’t know about the southern regional market incentive.

2 Likes

Was it surprising to you?

I just took advantage of the pull ahead. Isn’t it a straight three month pull ahead for all AFS leases? Curious what shenanigans the dealer pulled; the pull ahead should have impact on selling price or their financials.

They genuinely seemed to not be aware and didn’t fight me on it at all when I clarified it for them like one would expect if they were actually rolling it in to the selling price, so I was a bit surprised by the end result.

Atleast your dealer was willing to work with you. I had a BMW dealer refuse to honor $1k college grad credit, not because he wasn’t aware of it, but just because he thought the car was discounted enough already. Repeated attempts of telling him the entire $1k money came from BMWNA and not from dealer pocket were no use. Had to work with another dealer and they honored the credit no problem (shrug)

Fear of low payment. there are quite a few discussions about it on LH

I’m aware of those discussions. The discussion here was about incentives and how dealers refuse to honor it, which is why I mentioned my repeated tries to tell the dealer it comes from BMWNA pocket. FOLP or maybe he didn’t want to deal with me anymore.

It should be. I have moved on from my local dealer.

I had that issue with PenFed. The sales guy took the print out 3 levels up before it got approved. And how did it get approved? I walked into that 3rd guy’s office, shook his hand and explained it was a military benefit (or whatever the phrase @Bluemkn57cars used) and said it wouldn’t come out of their pockets.

It just wasn’t pleasant.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for this site, I would never have known about the Penfed incentive.

1 Like

Same. @Billium I actually ran into that issue myself with my M340i order where the CA refused to honor the penfed incentive. I used the same phrase about it being a military incentive and his next question was - well are you military?..smh.

Anyways a quick chat with GSM and the incentive was added, although they took the $500 off MSRP separately as a line item after the dealer discount line item, instead of treating it as a taxed incentive. Will wait and see if that actually flies with finance.

I am currently working on a potential deal on a fully loaded A6 P+. I spoke with the GM of the dealership earlier tonight. There are a couple of things he needs to follow up with me in the morning. They include:

1. Confirming my eligibility for the Audi 3-month pull ahead program offered by Audi Financial. I do qualify for the program, btw.
  2. Confirm whether I can apply my Penfed/Truecar incentive to the deal. GM was aware of Truecar. Needs to check current programs for the A6. It should be $3k.
  3. Discount. All I am going to say is that we are not far apart, but we are not there yet.

I will update you guys and gals on my roller coaster ride in the pursuit of a new lease.

2 Likes

My opinion as a non expert is to just push penfed at the end. When you’re at the dealer you keep asking to talk to the next level up. You ensure the deal gets done and don’t wait in the dark over emails but in exchange you spend more time than you need to there

1 Like

This dealer is 1.5 hours away from me, so I do not want to drive all the way there without confirmation that they accept Penfed. As I stated before, quite a few Audi dealers were not aware of it or did not accept it.

Everything is being ironed out via phone first. It has been my experience that email is not as effective this time around.

I am already talking to the GM of the dealership, so don’t think there is another level up.

Audi dealers in my area are really milking this inventory issue. I was in contact with at least 6 dealerships these past few days, and most were only offering 5-6% off MSRP on the A6 this month.

I was able to work with the GM at a dealership who was initially at 7% off MSRP, but I negotiated a little more off. Although, it was nowhere near some of the April deals with double digit discounts, increased lease cash in May and $3k in Penfed cash did help my deal. I will be sharing more details soon in the “Share A Deal” section.

3 Likes

Signed my deal yesterday. I ended up at 9.5% off MSRP + marked up MF by 10bps. Adjusting for that with base MF brings the discount to 9% off MSRP. Extremely happy with the deal, since no other dealer came close. Inventory is getting worse and dealers are not interested in “giving away” cars anymore.

Good luck to anyone looking to get into a new lease these next few months. It is going to be a bumpy ride.

9 Likes

Did you get an A6???

Yes. I posted in the Shared Deals section.

1 Like

While picking up my car today, I had a nice chat with the GM. Although, he is not making much off my deal, he was nice to work with. No BS. No lies. Straight up guy. Sometimes, being nice to people/dealers/salespeople/brokers/internet reps goes a long way.

2 Likes