Are too many newbies expecting a unicorn-type deal?

Do unicorns exist with Audis?

Sorry! Same then, thought you had costco.

:chocolate_bar:

I never had the need to shop at Costco.

Do they exist at all or someone just came up with that idea?

2 Likes

The power of cheaper premium gas and $1.50 hot dogs compels you!

:chocolate_bar:

3 Likes

Iā€™m trying to understand the comment on value. Mostly because Iā€™ve been looking at the x3 and now I get nervous seeing comments like this.

What is the determinant of value here? I think a lot of folks assume % off msrp or leasehacker score or something like that.

Is the x3 only worth it at some monthly price in your mind? Just trying to understand. :slight_smile:

Value is much harder to quantify. It really comes down to what else can you get for the same total lease cost in other products. LH score or percent off is irrelevant. What if you have a vehicle that has a lower msrp than the competition, but isnā€™t incentivized/discounted as much? You could have a vehicle that has a lot of value but has less discount/a poor lh score.

X3s lately have been rough in the value game because bmw pricing on leases had been insane. For years, one could get an x3 30i reasonably at a price point not far off a crv. Thatā€™s a lot of car for the buck. Now, even with a great deal, youā€™re paying hundreds more. It ceases to have a compelling value.

1 Like

4-6 weeks ago that could be the q5e or the etron. Today thatā€™s evaporated I think right? CA electric rebate is even paused. Maybe you can swing a good deal on an sq5 which is a better car than an x3 I guess. To me the only value left is leasing a bolt and I seriously just canā€™t bring myself to do it. Anyway thanks for humoring me on thisā€¦itā€™s just not a pleasant time to look for value and my entire career has been focused on unlocking value so itā€™s hard to stomach.

1 Like

Biggest issue with etrons right now is inventory. The programs got worse from March to April, but theyre.still not that bad IF you can find someone to go deep in the discount. I donā€™t think it was the ccfr incentive that was paused, so the etron shouldnā€™t be effected.

1 Like

Iā€™m not even unicorn hunting but pretty much most BMW NY dealers near NYC wonā€™t even consider 10% offā€¦ How easy is it to get 10-12% off??? 7% off pre-incentive is most Iā€™ve been quoted so far. Most client advisors think Iā€™m crazy for even asking 10%ā€¦

Inventory is the issue for all manufacturers. Somehow the bolt is the only car available widely.

Cast a wider net

1 Like

I believe CVRP and CVAP are on hold. ccfr is still available I believe.

Typically, a brand runs a multi-month Costco program once per year. Last year, a couple of the spring programs were repeated in fall (and like always, you had to be a member the day before the program starts). Personally Iā€™ve never seen them add another month to an existing program.

3 Likes

Its as easy as looking at the broker listingsā€¦

Weve seen 11% on X3s recently. Of course, subtract out the broker fee and its now maybe 10%, but thats with no work on your end.

3 Likes

The only thing I have to ask of people is to please stop asking brokers if we can ā€œdo a little more off.ā€ No, the discount is fixed. Thatā€™s part of the point of using a broker. This especially irks me when a car is already 11% off.

1 Like

Lately there has been some hometown advantage regarding local customers (Primary market area)

So while itā€™s not an invalid ask, itā€™s bad ettiquete to haggle with a broker as we often give you our best offer on engagement. ā€” If thereā€™s better pricing to be had, You wonā€™t have to ask me for it. :grin:

What is recently and where? :slight_smile: I ask because I donā€™t quite see that happening too often anymore (maybe ny x3 prices are better who knows).

Quick Update: The A6 deal I had lined up last week fell through 'cos my local dealer straight up lied to me about not being eligible for Audiā€™s pull ahead program. That meant I would be responsible for the last two lease payments on my A4 totalling less than $900.

I have been receiving emails from Audi Financial about the pull ahead program. I was able to confirm with another dealer, after I had provided them with my VIN, that I was eligible for the program. So, it is now May and I do not have a new lease. Although lease cash increased by $500 to $5500 for the A6 55, MF more than doubled to 0.00011 and RV went down by 1%. Not much of an increase in monthly, but big discounts are getting hard to come by.

Audi dealers are milking this low inventory ā€œissueā€. I do not blame them. However, as a potential customer deals are getting hard to come by. Iā€™ve reached out to at least 5 dealerships within an hourā€™s drive from me, and so far numbers look worse compared to last month. I am waiting to hear back from one more dealership, and if things donā€™t work out, I will probably go the broker route (I have been in touch with a broker in my area, and he has been very helpful).

All it takes is one YES, but LeaseHacking ainā€™t easy.

To any newbie reading this or anyone looking to get into a new lease between now and August, my only advice is KNOW YOUR NUMBERS.

3 Likes

It isnā€™t about just knowing the numbers. Thatā€™s all well and fine. But the simple ā€œIā€™m targeting X% off MSRP before incentivesā€ just isnā€™t getting the same traction it used to because there arenā€™t enough cars on the lot and if you donā€™t want it, thatā€™s cool because Joe Blow doesnā€™t go on LH and will pay list.