Are too many newbies expecting a unicorn-type deal?

Totally agree. You could be playing the “incentives might be better next month” card every month.

At some point, if your happy with the deal, just sign and don’t look back.

2 Likes

If the numbers get worse, are you still going to go through with the transaction?

On my Toyota I hedged that December 2019 numbers were going to be slightly better than Nov numbers…I was right, the incentive increased by $250 and I saved $3.50 per month. The dealer had 15 or so in stock with the options I wanted and I was fairly open to most colors.

We recently saw BMW mf increase and I believe the RV get slightly worse. In fairness BMW, Toyota, and Audi is like comparing apples and oranges. I just wouldn’t hedge my bet that you wait 7 more days and the numbers swing towards you saving $20 more monthly all while said car isn’t sold to someone else. Inventory issues, covid, supply chain microchips, etc…all factor in here. Let us know what you decide.

1 Like

Take the deal now imo.

1 Like

Probably.

I appreciate the feedback. My gamble could net me a “potential” savings of $1k-$2k over the term of the lease.

Will post an update next week.

Something tells me you are bummed about missing Costco offer and you say you did sign up for it. So, you are hoping Costco will extend the offer for a month, you can get that offer and hence this wait :thinking:

“Deal hunter” in me would’ve done the same probably lol

2 Likes

It sounds like you told them what they needed to offer for you to sign immediately and they decided to come together with you. Not only that, but they were willing to arrange a dealer swap to get the color combo right.

If you’ve identified a car at another dealer that meets the color and options requirements, you should give this dealer a chance to try to arrange that swap at the agreed-upon numbers.

If they can arrange the car you want at the numbers you said would close the sale immediately, sign the damn contract. People that say they’re ready to pull the trigger right now if the dealer does $xxxx and then back out are one of the reasons it’s such a pain in the ass to get good pricing information from dealerships.

Edit: Especially when the dealer is working with you during a period of tight inventory and increasing demand.

I do plan to do that.

FWIW, I am not debating the dealer discount. All I was asking is whether it was worth waiting for a few days for next month’s programs. I have not backed out of anything.

Personally, if the dealer is doing your deal today, I’d jump on it. Audi programs for April are worse than March. I wouldn’t count on a reversal of that trend, especially with the overall market.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Pretty sure OP is hedging that Costco is extended another month making him eligible…have we ever seen Costco extended another month on a brand? I’m genuinely asking and curious.

My casual recollection is that Costco programs are for that one month. To ensure only people who were members prior to the program starting can avail it.

2 Likes

Thanks, Matt. Programs on the A6 have improved since January. I am going to sleep on it and decide whether to wait or take the current deal with this month’s incentives.

What is the pre-incentive discount?

11% at buy rate. No MF markup. MSRP of the cars I am looking at ranges from $67k to $70k. Incentives are $6k.

This sounds really good in current climate. With inventory dwindling and all these factory closures, I’d personally wouldn’t risk it. Doooooo itttttt! (and then post pics!)

1 Like

Take it. That’s a great discount. There’s 1k more cash in midatl region btw.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

That is a great discount. Out of 6 dealers I talked to when helping a relative, the most I got was 11.5% pre-incentive and buy rate MF. This was for a 62K car that they were already discounting 6% on CarGurus.

Ended up getting 10.5% and buy-rate since they decided to lease a different car. Dealer was not as aggressive, but the car had a set of options that almost made it seem like a custom order (i.e. Black Optics without the 5-spoke wheels and comfort package on a P+). A loss of $650 in discount, but he is of the mindset that the car is more important than the deal.

Lease cash in my region is $5k + $1k in Penfed. If I had Costco, total incentives would have been $1k more.

Can you clarify? What car did they end up going with?

I am happy with my discount. I guess, I should be asking myself whether the A6 I am looking at is worth $600 this month for a 12k lease.

EDIT: Maybe it will be worth $550 next month.

1 Like

“Are too many newbies expecting a unicorn-type deal?”

4 Likes