Are these deals only for tier 1 credit?

When I look at the lease deals on here I see a lot of the different factors such as MSRP, discount off MSRP, MF, and residual value but I never notice a credit score tier of the poster. How does credit score get factored into the deal, does that the credit score determine the MF only?

I was at the dealer yesterday and I wasn’t able to see any of these numbers, in fact they told me MSRP doesn’t matter on a lease which I know is not true.

When you guys post your numbers is that an estimate based of math or did you actually obtain the numbers (MF, residual) from them

Lower credit will likely result in a higher MF being charged. Occasionally it will change requirements for amount down as well. If the dealer makes any pricing adjustments as a result of your credit, they are legally required to tell you what the changes are.

Also, don’t go talk numbers with the dealer in person and don’t talk numbers with a dealer at all until you already know what they should be. The dealer is not the resource to go to for finding out what a car costs. It’s where to go to try to agree on the deal you want.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info…

When I do my research is there anyway to find tier specific MFs? I have a 686 equifax, they are placing me in tier 3. (Toyota)

How can I be sure my researched MF is the same MF they are working off?

That seems unusual for Toyota, I believe I’ve heard @Cody_Carter mention getting people approved for Tier 1 that have lower scores than that.

686 is tier 2. You might be able to get bumped to Tier 1 if the credit profile is right. They don’t just bump because. There needs to be a good justification

1 Like

Stop doing that if you want to get these numbers and negotiate effectively. Email or phone only.

5 Likes

@Cody_Carter can chime in here if I’m wrong but Toyota dealers could get you approved for Tier 1 with a 620 but they lose bonus money for better credit scores.

Good advice, I was feeling the same way. I test drove the vehicle I like now that I know what I want I’m not going to step foot back in there until I’m certain the price is right. I am in south Florida, my wife and I both have some paid off autos, and I have an open auto on a 2018 f150 with + equity.

I won’t be trading anything in just a straight lease.

Leasing appealed to me because I can get my wife in a new worry free car for relatively low monthly payments. The first offer on a 2020 RAV4 LE (also has xp rims, tires, running boards, and emblems) was $494 A month, first month, tax,tag, and title. (Before we went in they said it would be under $300) I said no way considering I walked in there with expectations under $300 a month. Then they said same offer $408, and at that point i just left. They have texted me 1k down @ $390 a month if I come in today.

The MSRP is 27,800 but with their additions 31,500. Where should I start?

Reach out to @RockyStadiumToyota in Tampa and see what he can do for you!

1 Like

620 would maybe get T3 or t2 as a stretch.

1 Like

Are the additions already on every car on the lot?

If so, I’d find another dealer. I have never gotten anywhere with a dealer who adds a second window label next to the one from the factory.

I have a 686 and my wife has a 644 with equfax. She has two paid autos and hardly any debt while I have one paid auto and an open auto.

@trism yea the additions are already on the car

I don’t understand why a RAV 4 LE which is $27,800.00 and a relatively high residual is so expensive to lease. I have read plenty on here about people leasing 41k vehicles sub $325 but basic RAV4’s with average 65% residual I cant get for less than $360.

What’s the MF? If it is high, it could be the reason why you are being quoted a high monthly.

there’s other factors beyond just having a good residual.

money factor, rebates etc.

Toyota usually has no rebates and somewhat high money factors so that’s what’s making up the difference.

1 Like

What do you expect when you are looking at a vehicle with nearly $4k in dealer add-ons?

3 Likes

My expectations are unknown, I am new to leasing. I am looking for the best possible SUV (any manufacturer) with the best possible monthly payment. I went towards Toyota because the ads I saw and others have recommended Toyota because their high residual. The specific Toyota I don’t believe had $4,000 in add on’s it was just a RAV 4 LE with a payment just south of $340. The XP edition has an $1800 package according to a sales man I spoke with. I am not sure I am starting to think its the money factor from my tier driving it up so much.

Did you read Leasing 101 or any threads on how a lease payment is calculated? That’s where I’d start. Or just get a deal from the marketplace forum.

I did, I was able to get the MF and Residual from edmunds, it’s the money factor adding the additional 80-100 and as far the the one with the xp package where I am financing their rims and tires. I am going to check out the market place.