Are BMW deals dead?

I remember seeing they got rid of MSD’s… are BMW deals now dead? 4 series and 5 series? Loaners… etc…

BMW ended 7 month sec. deposits deal on 04.30. I applied for credit on 04.29 and and get the deal extended for 60 days. My car came from Germany on 07.01 and it took 2 weeks to get exemption from BMW Financial. Most likely I was a last one to have this deal done

1 Like

It pretty well knocked them out of the running for me. So I’m interested to see what other people have to say.

I think its possible for some to still get deals, but it is a lot harder now, and it almost forces us to become monthly payment shoppers to get one. In the past, BMW had a lot better leasing programs, higher RV’s, lower MF, better public rebates, and they had the MSD program, so an informed shopper could go in, negotiate the selling price and end up with a good deal. Now I think the dealership gets a similar amount of money from BMW on the backend, not in the form of rebates to customers, so deals can be had, it just takes a lot of work, and a lot of guessing. Most CA’s really don’t know about money on the backend, so a great deal has to almost completely be made from the manager’s desk, and that is annoying, takes a lot more time, and makes great deals a lot less likely.
Also, it seems as if they are focusing more on margins instead of volume, so they do not really care that much about being the number 1 luxury sedan in the US anymore, just so long as they are making good margins on the fewer cars they do sell. They still do sell loaners, but any loaner over 5000 miles has a huge RV drop, I think 4 percent, so that makes it essentially un-leasable.

1 Like

I am trying to shop of a BMW 330ix wagon loaner right now. They won’t negotiate at all.

MSRP 53,435
Sale Price $43,900 (with incentives, same as their internet price)
MF .00152
RV 58.4%
Document $172.50
Acquisition Fee $925 (Paid Upfront)
10k/36 months
18.5% Tax (Chicago Sucks!)

And they want $590 a month! The calc says it should be $553. Is it worth it if I can get them to drop it to $41,000 sale price? Any ideas?

Imo that car is not worth anything close to 500 a month especially for a 3 series

I’m in the same boat.
looking at a 2017 M240 Xdrive auto. "Executive Demo"
Supposedly $11,000 discount off MSRP
Residual is .52%
Money factor is .00152
(You have to add taxes, bank fee, doc fee, DMV)

Was told needed $4000 down / 10,000 miles a year / $559 per month!!!

I think Volvo or Benz is the way to go now if you are considering a BMW…

:frowning:

I just don’t like the look of MBs. Considering seeing what I can find for Volvo XC60 or V60CC though. Maybe MB if it’s cheap enough. Or keep rolling in the 2007 Saab Aero, which still gets better mpg on highway than most the 8spd 4 baggers.

There are good lease deals out there on BMWs. They’re not the .8% deals of the past, but real close to the 1% rule.

I just got a $53k MSRP X3 with $0 out of pocked and $524 / mo before tax ($564 w/ tax) 36 / 10 lease.

My buddy just picked up a 540 with a $69k MSRP with $1,800 OOP and $620 / mo before tax ($670 w/ tax) 36 / 10 lease.

The key is timing and incentives. We had a $1,000 UDE coupon that works like cash. Being current BMW leasees, there was loyalty cash on both cars. Worked with a good guy. We both got 2017’s models that have high residuals and incentives.

Wagons can be tough because there so very few of them so some dealers think they should get top dollar for them.

If it is a loaner how many miles are on it? If it is over 5,000 miles it will never lease well.

And 18.5% tax? I thought it was bad here in California! That is seriously nuts…

Illinois used to tax on the entire price of the vehicle, but changed to the cost of lease a few years ago. Chicago sales tax is 9.5%, and then the city decided to pick up almost all of the state let go in tax revenues. So, leases get an extra 8% tax.

The loaner I’m looking at only has a little over $3k miles on it. I’m walking away though, they won’t budge at all on the sales price. My wife wants an SUV anyway.

1 Like

I have seen 699 / month 0 down advertised on leftover/demo 2017 BMW 740i in this forum and at my local dealer. If that is the case, as far as 740i is concerned, this is a pretty amazing deal …

2 Likes

ROFL. As long as the wheels don’t fall off …

“I don’t cry, I Saab”

1 Like

Laugh all you want, it’s been a great car. It’s comfy, paid for, fast (chipped, V6 turbo), fun to drive, efficient, and well maintained (no rust, and 30k on new Koni FSDs). Plus, all I need in a car at moment is something to get groceries once a week, 4 doors, and drive to the lake house or road trip. If the used ones around weren’t so much $$$ for what they are, I would buy another in a heartbeat.

I’m just giving you a hard time.

Once upon a time I had a 9-3 Viggen. Even went to Saab Flight Academy for the Viggen course. Easily my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. Thanks, General Motors!

Just read a rumor that msd’s are back for east coast customers that already have them

Woot Woot woot … The ultimate BMW sales machine has crumbled and given in …

Like who’s idea was that anyway. To me its a lose lose, those that know you are going to lose and those that dont know; dont know, so they dont care.