Are BMW deals dead?

What’s the source of this? Can’t find anything anywhere.

That’s a lot of taxes. I don’t think I would lease in those circumstances. Nothing special about leasing. In some circumstances it’s a way to save money overall with manufacturer incentives and drive a new car every 3 years. But without incentives and with tax penalties there is no way I would do it. Just but something reasonable and drive it for 6 years or more.

…designed and produced by GM and is based on Opel, so not Swedish? :slight_smile:

Nice car, though.

Waiting on my dealer to confirm but it’s on Bimmerfest ask a dealer section

That’s the best part, just find the GM part numbers and suddenly it’s 1/3 of the price for parts!

@mattevan, I do love my SAAB. I’m trying to cope with the idea of letting go. It makes me very emotional…

@RosieQ, I’ve considered it, but payments are still higher than leasing and not really interested in owning a European car out of warranty. Especially with all the electronics in them these days. Sure I can get something much cheaper, but will it make me smile when driving?

I had a similar experience since I placed an order at the end of April as well for what was supposed to be a June delivery. The car had an individual interior and they kept pushing back production so I didn’t take delivery until August 19th and they still honored the MSDs. The dealer had to call BMW financial services to get it approved since it was so far past the original sale date but they got it done.

Honestly without the MSDs or some other way to lower the monthly payment I likely wouldn’t buy another BMW since good leasing is a big part of what makes them desirable. All the dealerships here in south florida are horrendous so I certainly don’t buy for that experience.

Just leased a MB C300 for my wife… compared to that… the 420 I got quoted looks like a joke. MF for BMW was like 4 times more than the C300 (granted that I used MSDs). I would put a fork in BMW until they come back to their senses.

1 Like

Assuming the cost of keeping it on the road is reasonable I’d keep the SAAB. You’ll regret letting it go. Switch cars if you have a requirement that you can’t meet with the SAAB but otherwise stick with what you already know you love. Until it rusts away from road salt or Chicago institutes a 30% yearly tax on SAABs.

My two cents.

1 Like

then he would have to leave the site.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get a better discount? I’ve gotten to 8% off a 73000 2017 X5, up from just 3%, and with all rebates considered it’s not a bad deal but I need to get to 11-12% just so I can afford it. The dealer seems set on working out a deal but is getting to the point of take it or leave it. Obviously I can pursuer a lower MSRP vehicle but if I’m just not good at negotiations I’m not sure it will matter. They’ve had it on the lot for most of the year if not longer and it has over 500 miles on it. I used this as leverage and they threw out the 8% but now I’m stuck. Should I simply demand a specific amount off and if they can’t then just walk on it? I’ve seen 10%+ time and time again on here so if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

@mdnys, sounds to me you’re questioning your negotiating abilities. Why don’t you try with another dealer just to see how far you can push the price down. 8% is simply not enough, especially not on a 2017.

1 Like

Okay I will work on a few others. This is my first time pursing a BMW lease so other than the hugely helpful information I’ve seen on here I really have no experience with how BMW dealers work, how hard to push, what they are holding back, etc. I should receive a lease offer today with “the best that they can do”. If it’s anywhere near where I need to be I may post and ask for suggestions. I have residual, MF, rebates that I should get, so if anything seems off I will indicate so.

So here is what they came back with:

MSRP 73,770
Sale Price 67869 (8%)
Rebate $6000
Adjusted Cap Cost 62158 (not sure how they got this)

Tax 4949.52 (8% for NY, but this looks like they taxed the adjusted cap cost, not total lease cost)
$6000 Rebate Tax 456.84
Doc/Lic/Fees 628.50
Acq Fee 925

All due at signing 7393.21
Payment 702.89
36 months, 10k miles, 0.00152MF, 57.73% L.E.V. (assuming residual? Should be 58%)
And they told me that there is 1300 miles on the vehicle, not 500 or so that was shown online.

This comes out to over $900/month effectively. I have a good idea of whats incorrect but what should I push for in terms of discount with that mileage? I feel like 12% is more reasonable now, unless I should really push for more.

Sounds quite high. That would be the cost/deal for like a $90,000 car

@mdnys the 8% discount is still only 8% and it’s not even a new car. Maybe you can reach out to @loberant if he’s still around. He works for sonic automotive group who own a bunch of BMW dealerships. He hasn’t been very active on this forum recently but maybe he will answer.

8% is not good… Now gle 2017 could get 15% off.

I checked the previous thread, the 2017 x5 eperformance could get a 20% off at the beginning of the year.

This is really a 16% discount - 8% off in sales price and basically another 8% in the $6k rebate.

The $6000 is a lease credit from BMW, doesn’t come out of the dealers pocket

I need some negotiating help, I’m a actuarial analyst, so I do numbers well just not people. I’m a straight shooter, if I ask for instance does their advertised sale price include the lease incentive etc. and they don’t give me the info I ask for; a part of me rages inside. Should I just ask for their GM? I’m tired of asking 5 times for same info and getting now answer. Probably a sales tactic, but if I did that I’d be out of a job. My clients expect me to simplify answers for them, but when asked give the exact details on numbers (not ignore, and ask other questions!!).

What 6k rebate? Only rebates for 18 are 2k loyalty and 1k lease cash