Are Acura, Infiniti, and Buick still premium

I wouldn’t consider a vantage a supercar

2 Likes

Literally any other model besides a vantage lol :joy:, ppl really don’t want me to enjoy my m8 huh :thinking: jkjk

I’d consider a Valkyrie a supercar. That’s about it from AM.

I guess some would consider it a hypercar and use the supercar moniker a bit more loosely.

1 Like

Everyone has their opinions, reality is most people won’t get the joy or privilege of driving an m8 much less an AM or any high end performance vehicle for that matter, so gotta enjoy it while I got it.

You guys can argue until you are blue in the face considering that there is really no pure definition of what supercar or hypercar really is. Supercar - Wikipedia, but it’s fun to watch.

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

I’d call the AMR Pro version a hypercar simply because it’s not street legal.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

Enough with the personal stuff. It goes in the landfill. PM if you want to bicker or get a room.

4 Likes

“this is AMG saying its current lineup has too many cars that don’t look like AMGs, don’t drive like AMGs. Where have we heard that before?”

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 43480468593_d4ed2b2df4

Well this escalated quickly from the last mod intervention

no they’re not. they’re nice bodies filled with MB-AMG guts. and a top of the line 911 is a supercar.

1 Like

Ah…just noticed the post you reference. Post should be flagged if it hasn’t been already. Indeed last night I finally nav’d over to the Mod Guidelines page:Guidelines for Moderation
where I learned this interesting little tidbit:
“Note that all users can flag inappropriate posts. Posts flagged by multiple users are automatically hidden and deleted after three days.”
But I still won’t consider a Buick premium…wife actually wanted a Buick Century in the early 1990s, and we all know how those turned out. We went with an Olds Cutlass…and we all know how THOSE turned out!

What, you didn’t get a Cutlass Supreme? That’s premium lol

2 Likes

So premium, that they (thankfully) don’t even exist! I doubt their rarity improves resale much. LOL

Medium ‘Maui’ Blue…ah the memories.

1 Like

I like this quote I found online.

“Once upon a time, American muscle cars were considered supercars in some quarters, but nowadays, nobody is going to confuse a comparatively humble Ford Mustang with a [Ferrari F8 Tributo]. Similarly, a Porsche 911 is significantly more common than a Ferrari Portofino, which will lead some to call the 911 a sports car and the Portofino a supercar due to [limited production numbers]. What’s under the hood also plays a role, of course — but the point, again, is that there is subjectivity in the term.”

1 Like

There was nothing wrong with Olds / Pontiac / Buick except for the fact that there were 3 brands making the same car with slight variations that never made any kind of sense. Late 80s Olds was such an overabundance of Velour and peeling paint… memories … :slight_smile:

GM’s corporate structure was a disaster for those brands. Pontiac was your “excitement” and “performance” division… yet nobody could make anything that might hurt the Corvette. Buick was supposed to be luxurious, but not too luxurious or you might hurt Cadillac! It’s kind of a mystery how Oldsmobile managed to last as long as it did, although they did kind of use it to beta test newer products like the Silhouette when it was time to roll out a minivan.

Ahh yes, the 6000 was very exciting :slight_smile: And then there was boneville, the egg shaped boat with the same engine as everything else in the line up, although I think one trim did come with a supercharger. Exciting :slight_smile: I never understood the Firebird / Camaro thing either, although personally I preferred the look of the firebird.

Olds did try at some point with Aurora, Alero and Intrigue but if I remember correctly the reliability sucked across the board and by that time the writing was on the wall

1 Like