Are Acura, Infiniti, and Buick still premium

Maybe I am offbase since BMWs and other “luxury” badges are everywhere down here.

Does anyone actually see a cookie cutter BMW3 Series with fake leather and less safety features than a Nissan Sentra SV, Civic LX or entry level Kia going down the road and think “wow, that rich person is driving a luxury car. Wish I could afford that instead of my Camry XSE or Infiniti”

1 Like

People that don’t know anything about cars definitely do.

2 Likes

Add the 1 & 2 series to it as well…

1 Like

Those same people probably still think Lincoln/Mercury, Plymouth and Cadillac are luxury. But, I am talking about people under the age of 75 :rofl:

Yes, add in the 1-series, 2-series, X1s, A3s and Mercedes A-Class. Luxury doesn’t exactly come top of mind when any one of these vehicles pulls up in the traffic light queue.

1 Like

I have not driven one (of the current gen), but I think the current generation of Lincoln actually seem pretty luxurious…

You are completely missing the buying the badge mindset. It’s not about features, or leather it’s the BADGE. It’s not the age either. You’d be surprised when you leave the car forums just how oblivious people are.

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

Dilute the “badge”

1 Like

Makes no difference as everyone knows Acura and Lexus are the premium versions of Honda and Toyota, much harder to sell another brand lower than bmw and Mercedes, hence just watering the brand down with cla amg package this and x2 m35i that. All marketing schemes for lower income consumers

1 Like

That’s the point, “badge lovers” don’t like the idea of watered down models flooding the streets.

No we don’t, but hey if they gotta sell a couple x1s and m235is to get the m8 out there I’m all for it. I know not everyone is in the market for a 160k supercar

1 Like

I can see an M8 as a fast grand tourer, a higher performance version of a luxury coupe. Supercar? Not exactly.

1 Like

It’s got 700hp factory, what else you want? People call the 911 turbo S a supercar but that’s nearly 225k with decent amount of options and M8 is 60k away fully loaded pre 22 model year, they just lowered the price by like 14k lol :joy:.

It’s got a ton of power, it’s plenty fast, but it’s not a supercar.

3 Likes

Wait till CS comes out

Even faster, still an impressive sports car, still not a supercar even as a CS.

2 Likes

A battle of semantics but I’d have to agree with @TypeSH

I think this article covers it well but the M8 doesn’t fit the definition of supercar to me

2 Likes

Aston Martin are supercars and I dust them in my vert so whatever you wanna call it doesn’t matter to me as long as performance is there which it def is :triumph:🤌🏾:hot_face:

I wouldn’t consider a vantage a supercar

2 Likes

Literally any other model besides a vantage lol :joy:, ppl really don’t want me to enjoy my m8 huh :thinking: jkjk

I’d consider a Valkyrie a supercar. That’s about it from AM.

I guess some would consider it a hypercar and use the supercar moniker a bit more loosely.

1 Like