Anything similar to the Bolt deal?

I don’t love Nissan, but I’ll take a look. Thanks!

Free? Please explain how it’s free.

Don’t post the same thing twice

1 Like

@max_g Are you talking to me?

I think he’s considering (as do I) that a $3k car is essentially free.

If NJ and CA these are sub-$3k, and free-free (as in beer) after all rebates (assuming you are eligible).

Has she driven the Bolt? She might change her mind if she does, it’s a little rocket off the line.

2 Likes

Insurance on a 10 year old car with about half the MSRP of a bolt is also something you need to factor in if you are tight on the finances. But I suppose the gas savings can help with it?
Just something else to consider before you make a decision.

Alcohol is a great ice breaker

Interestingly insurance on a 2020 cars with double the MSRP of my previous vehicle is cheaper than insurance was on a 5 year old Nissan Altima.

3 Likes

Its true. I showed the car to my landlord today, after driving the car he was surprised also as to how good the car is. I am pretty sure after driving the car, most people will think differently.

1 Like

We’re going to test drive one tomorrow. We remembered that she actually has been in my friend’s Bolt, but that was a few years ago. Might check out the Ioniq too.

The Ioniq has more tech, looks better, but less range. And unfortunately not quite the same deal, definitely worth a look though.

1 Like

We drove the Bolt today. I see what everyone says about the seats, but my wife liked it and it was comfortable for her. We’re just planning to use it around town and for short trips so should be fine. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

After driving around in her CRV last night, my wife realized she wasn’t as comfortable in the Bolt as she’d like. She decided to wait until she goes back into the office to look at cars. Bummer. Thanks again!

CVRP needs a minimum 30 month lease, fyi.

Sorry to hear that…You were doing so well in your Bolt negotiations…Hopefully the Costco rebate will still be around if you decide to consider the Bolt again. Who knows, the 2021 Bolt is due in a couple of months with the Costco rebate still active, so maybe you can hack one of those.

I actually just saw that the Costco incentive is good for the 2021 Bolt as well… the programs for that model will be interesting to see!

1 Like

I know, I was actually a little excited because cheap EV! It’s perfect for around town, taking the dog to the beach, etc. My goal was under $6k because after state rebates I’d be able to pay for it with my tax return. However local dealers don’t seem to be discounting them as much and then I found out I can’t go out of state with the CVRP. Also while at CarMax yesterday we found out there’s a mistake on the title for my wife’s car so need to resolve that first. If something changes I’ll report back. She’s thinking she can just drive my Jeep around for now, but she’ll need something when she eventually goes back to work.

Is the 2021 the refresh? Do we know when those are coming out?