Anyone with lease experience on the Buick Encore GX?

I was looking at a sub $200/mo lease on the Chevy Trax (thanks @jeisensc). The first dealership I went to didn’t have any so I ended up test driving the Trailblazer. The Buick Encore GX is the higher-end cousin to the Trailblazer.

I noticed some nice national lease offers here, though I was skeptical these were attainable due to the recent shortages:
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/buick/encore-gx/prices

But then I found this video from Boston Automotive Consulting:

Has anyone attempted any lease deals on the Encore GX?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the car in general? I like all of the standard safety features on the Trailblazer, and it seems like the Encore GX has a nicer interior. I didn’t love the V3 engine, but the Trax wasn’t much better. Plus I read that Trax might get discontinued.

1 Like

Trailblazer is a size up. Encore is the nicer Trax.

My sis had a 2014. I thought it was pretty nice. Plenty of people here can probably speak more directly to that since, once upon a time, the Encore was the cheap lease du jour.

I don’t know why it would matter if a car is discontinued when you are leasing.

No such thing as a v3, fyi.

1 Like

Sorry, I used V3 as short-hand to mean 3 cylinder. The Encore is a nicer Trax, but Encore GX is a nicer Trailblazer.

Huh. Didn’t know they varied encore sizes. Looks to be in between the two lengthwise at 3” longer than regular encore but 3 shorter than TB. Roofline is lower than both, though. Odd.

I drove the TB and frankly, it was terrible. I compared it to 5 other cars that day and the TB was the absolute worst. I liked the Bolt Over the TB and I hate the bolt.

This is the one that has commercials of one Actor driving around talking multiple copies of themself? Hopefully your sister wasn’t accidentally duplicated by one.

@ckmoocow did you get the programs from edmunds? If a buick ever leases ok, it’s usually a sedan.

US news and Cars Direct.

Those don’t tell me what I need to know

You need to post and get the specifics for the model/term you want, in your zip.

There is little to no trunk money on these.

1 Like

https://www.suburbanbuickgmcofcostamesa.com/new/Buick/2021-Buick-Encore+GX-0227bcd90a0d0cc779e51e6a183dedd6.htm

Zip 92603. It looks like the 2700 cash doesn’t apply to leases :frowning:
The national lease listed on Cars Direct showed 269 down plus 219/mo for 39 months 10k/yr, presumably Preferred model.

Stop looking at those, they’re meaningless. The link you sent doesn’t have the information needed to calculate this lease.

1 Like

Gotcha, maybe this is a dud then

The best approach for a Encore GX lease is Supplier Discount + Loyalty.

If you can find a loaner it’s usually good for another $1000 off.

2 Likes

Most cars do not lease well. This is truer now than it has ever been.

So unless you are willing to push this boulder uphill, you need to look at other makes/models that lease better and offer more value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to see what’s leasing well and narrow down your search.

I did a 24/10 lease in December for 190/month and 999 DAS in MI (with @chrishs2000’s help) with Employee Pricing for all+Costco+Conquest but again its not really a comparable market right now. Flipping to Carvana for positive equity later this month.

The car is fine, base FWD engine is actually pretty decent and doesn’t feel like a chore to accelerate. Its a better car than the baby Encore/Trax.

3 Likes

Nice, where did you find this info from?

I have been scouring the two forums for the last week or two but have only seen more expensive cars, or the 4xe.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

My local GMC dealer supports the GM Shop/Click/Drive feature on their website.

This lets you select applicable discounts/rebates and models the lease with current MF/RV. What’s nice is they don’t collect any information for access to the feature.

3 Likes

Encore GX could be a decent deal, especially with a dealer discount and incentives applied over a short 24-month lease.

Here in Southern California:

• $2,500 Buick/GMC lease loyalty or $2,000 lease conquest
  • 24/10K: 65% residual, .00015 MF

Assuming a 10% off discount a Encore GX, a 24 month single-pay for ~$5,500 should be doable with lease loyalty:

This SoCal dealer appears to be offering 10% off MSRP pre-incentives on Encore GX in stock: New Buick Encore GX Cars For Sale - Shop Inventory Now!

4 Likes

Thanks, @michael. I see ton of Encore GX Preferred at the Penske sister location in Cerritos as well:

They seem to have 8 loaners in stock, but I spoke to a rep there, and they don’t seem to be selling them. Does anyone have any idea why, or have experience with leasing loaners? Do the existing miles count against your lease mileage allotment?

Typically on GM loaner leases, the existing miles do count against your lease allotment, but there isn’t an rv adjustment either.

For GMC loaners, RV adjusts 20c per mile from mile one. I just went through this on an Acadia.