Anyone with lease experience on the Buick Encore GX?

Interesting. I wonder if they have a choice to do one or the other

Does the RV increase by $0.20 for each existing mi, thereby lowering lease payments?

Rv would decrease, increasing payments

Yikes, not the direction I was hoping. Thanks

That’s the “nice” part about some of the gm loaners where the miles just get taken off your total… no RV adjustment. Of course, then you just get less miles to drive.

The other thing I’ve found with GM loaners is the discount is applied as a taxable rebate versus a reduction of the sales price. Between the extra tax and the RV adjustment I had trouble getting a loaner to make sense unless the discount was $2000 or higher.

I went through the Shop-Click-Drive feature @z0lt3c introduced me to and got 213.45 with 730.20 due at signing, effectively $235/mo all in for a 24/12k lease. Could possibly get it down a little more through one-pay as @michael suggested. Monthly on a 36m is slightly less, though I’m not sure I’d want to keep this car for that long (this would be my first non-EV new vehicle purchase since 2014).

Seems like an OK deal, given the current supply shortage. Thoughts? I do need to get something in the next month or so (preferably earlier) to replace the current lease I’m planning get out of early. Looking for something under $275/mo all in. Would prefer the Niro EV but can’t seem to get good pricing on that.

2 Likes

That $2,500 loyalty lease cash certainly help a ton. I don’t see the dealer processing fee listed there. I have submitted my “deal” using this tool several times, and it usually comes back wrong sale price or they mark the MF way up and will not reduce it. But that deal certainly seems reasonable.

2 Likes

I submitted a few of those when shopping for my LT1. Nobody would honor it.

1 Like

Got it, thanks for the feedback. Will keep fingers crossed but yeah I’m not entirely expecting them to honor it. Their sister store has Encore GX marked up be $7500

Haha, dealer called me and said that stock # has already been sold, but they would “run the numbers” on the other unit they have (which is identical, btw) and get back to me. Seems like they’re playing games and won’t honor the Shop Click Drive…

1 Like

Yeah so if they aren’t playing games why don’t they say same deal on that unit?!??

Carvana is really giving you more than the buyout after only 6 months or it’s a wash? What are you hopping into next?

We have a GX as well with the 1.3 engine. Like it…but bored. We leased it same time you did. But no idea what to jump into in place of it.

Carvana gave me 3700 over buyout (so between 6 payments and 1000 das and insurance I made over 1000 to lease the car). Everyone else(vroom, gmtv, carmax, algo) was under buyout If you need to sell out I suggest you start ASAP since GMF will limit 3rd party buyouts from July 1st.

Not planning to replace with anything else unless there’s a good ev deal. Waiting for VW to make Id.4 programs better or Volvo drops the xc40 recharge mf. I wouldn’t get out unless you can wait till 2022 or don’t mind a wrangler 4xe.

1 Like

Lucky you. I just got offered under $17k for my GX, I’m quite sure that’s far less than the buy-out. What did they offer you, I’m assuming well into the $20s?

Was offered 23050. This was for a pretty bare bones FWD 1.2 so it’s weird they are only offering 17000 for you. Local adjustment perhaps? Might be worth checking dealers and Carmax too.

1 Like

Yeah, payoff is $20.7k, so pretty big gap. Haha. Maybe I’ll try to poke around with zip code and maybe the other sites to see if anything is higher.