Anyone having difficulty returning their leases?

One of my lease ends in roughly 30 days and I have not received any letter for inspection. Don’t you usually get inspection letter stating who to call some 1-2 months before the lease end date. I do not want to keep the car and pay extra $500 for registration.

Best bet is to call the lessor and ask. Inspections have been weird with covid going on

The deductible is from Chase (Maserati Capital), the bank that owns the lease - somebody here said it was standard but the deductible is NOT from my auto insurance. I guess it depends on the bank … I don’t remember any type of deductible from the leasing company/bank when I returned by Boxster back in the early 2000’s (don’t remember the bank … WF most likely)

Call the bank … after being on hold for hours, Chase (Maserati Capital) “remarketing” basically told me to just schedule for a pickup and inspection will happen later. The dealer did not have space for a dropoff, the inspection companies are not going around and the only option was for a flatbed to come and pick up the vehicle. For my case, I was already on a 6-month extension (after 36 months) which means pay for registration, pay for $30k service, pay for 4 new tires, pay for brake job (Maserati front brakes are about 12k miles and they need to get replaced) – you do NOT want to do this

2 Likes

Leased from Volvo Santa Ana
Lease return date on paper 5/1/20 (I don’t know why it was this date and VCFS online says I still owe a payment on that date even though it said I did 24 out of 24 payments)
Lease actually returned date 4/27/20
Mileage was around 4,000 miles under

Returned a 2018 S90 under mileage and no pre-inspection on 4/27/20. Called weeks later after return and couple times recently… Two weeks ago they said something about 3/5/20 the car was reported turned in and would take 2-3 weeks after that date. Called 3 weeks later and to call back 1 more week later. Called today now they are saying 3/13/20 was reported the car was turned in. Said also something about inspection paperwork hasn’t been received. Also said auction needs to do inspection. This makes no sense. I argued that months before return date got notices about pre-inspection would be calling me and that now that I never got to do it I have no idea what needed to be fixed before turning the car back in. Car was in great shape except for tiny door dings smaller than half an inch in a couple spots. Tires looked good too. Says to call back 6/13/20 now. As of today I believe it’s been 38 days and no money returned and nothing in the mail. The Volvo phone app is still working and the car has been moved from SoCal to Colorado and it keeps getting moved around a Cadillac dealership there after checking google maps street view address. It’s only been driven a few miles from the mileage I returned. I think it was sold at auction awhile ago. I will post up next update.

30 min later update:
I did some digging. Since I know where the car is located using my Volvo App I searched online for my car on used car website autotrader. Used the dealers zip code of 80203 denver colorado. No pictures of my car but the VIN and mileage matches PERFECTLY. It’s at Rickenbaugh Cadillac-Volvo for sale for $31,000. Going to call VCFS tomorrow and call out their BS about car needs to go to auction first for inspection.

Update 6/12/20
I called some days back about my security deposit. They said account was closed 6/4/20. I asked ok then when will I get my security deposit. They told me 6-8 weeks!!! Does it really take this long? The car was moved to a Volvo dealer in Colorado in middle of May and put up for sale. I know this because I can use my Volvo App to locate the car. Today 6/12 I got the “Final Invoice” stating how much I’m getting back. They only deducted the Disposition Fee which is fine but still 6-8 weeks will be end of July or even August. I returned the car in April 27th to South Coast Volvo. I will update when I get my check.

Update 6/19/20
Finally got my security deposit check. Returned April 27th and received check June 19th

2 Likes

Update on my Jaguar XE return with chase bank. Had a missing key and maybe stupidly replaced the tires. Was absolutely expecting to pay for a key replacement. Instead I received the bill for only the dispo fee. This is my first lease return.

US Bank’s 3rd party inspector Autovin is not doing inspections. I haven’t even tried to bring the car to a dealer yet, but I am expecting issues. That’s why for my next car I am seriously considering using a broker on here that can facilitate the returned vehicle as part of the transaction.

Just got my lease end statement from BMW… They banged me for $400 for some rear end bumper damage which is complete BS. My rear bumper has always been completely fine. When I dropped my BMW they wouldn’t do an inspection I’m calling BMWFS Monday to lose it.

Have you taken pics at drop off or video of the condition of the car?

Same.
I took lots of videos and photos of my car before my LH broker picked it up to return for me.
Just got the BMW bill and they’re charging $400 for front, $400 rear, and $340 miscellaneous.
I’m beyond pissed because the car was in very good condition except for 2 tiny paint chips that are well within the allowed wear and tear. And what the hell is the misc charge? A tire? When I serviced the car a week prior to return, the service guys advised me to replace 2 tires due to tread depth which I already did.
I’ve renewed two BMW leases in the past in worse condition and never paid a dollar for wear and tear. Is this to spite me because I left the brand??! Or take advantage due to suspended AutoVin inspections??

I emailed BMWFS but No response yet.

Please follow up with your experience.

Yeah I’m about to call them… I stupidly didn’t take pics or videos because I had faith in the process, or I’m just a gambler, one of those is right…

Edit: They said they would send me photos of the “damage”

I am about to return my X3 this week. I got a tire depth gauge on amazon fro $20 just for that reason to take pictures of each tire and of course a video around the car.

For anyone with Ally I highly recommend calling their remarketing customer service directly. Despite my having now been calling them roughly weekly for the past 7-8 weeks on the normal Ally Auto line, and being repeatedly assured my pickup request was submitted and in queue, it apparently only actually got submitted a week ago. The person at their remarketing summarized a lot of the history from her side which didn’t match at all with what the basic level 1 and 2 customer service people had told me. Obviously incredibly frustrating. Also incredibly frustrating that previously I’d been told I’d receive a letter confirming I wasn’t liable for charges due to late return - today I was told there’s no way that would happen, they never write letters like that, and I probably will be charged. I really wish I’d figured out how to record calls (and obviously notified them that I was doing so)!

For anyone who needs it, Ally remarketing customer service is at 877-290-9544.

1 Like

So this is the picture they sent me… Anyone see anything wrong?

Can’t really tell… like a fist-sized indentation? Reflections are throwing things off

I was more wondering if the tire is bold :slight_smile:
As for what he is showing - maybe paint chip on the bumper along the top line where it meets the body?

They banged me for the tires too that was separate… I knew that was coming…

Just got off the phone with BMW FS and was like ummmmmm your pic doesnt show anything. 5 minutes later they took the charge off.

Moral of the story - buy more twinkies.

5 Likes

Only thing I see is difference in gap with between bumber and fender.

I do see a small indentation on the bumper going horizontal but it’s not major. Quarter panel looks fine.
Easily fixed. Heat gun and massage it out and if any scuffs rubbing compound can take out 90% of it.

Did u have wear and tear package when leasing with them ? I just recently leased a bmw and got wear and tear and did not get the tire and rim protection. Will I need to worry about replacing my tires upon return?