Anyone getting Ioniq5?

Good luck…

All my hopes lie on the Audi A6 Etron.

1 Like

Bmw isn’t eligible for the $7500 today?

Bmw hasn’t been passing on an equivalent incentive on their phev/ev leases lately

Ya, don’t see why this is dependent on the proposed fed rebate, which isn’t in its current form for leases.

It’s been a while since bmw had a straight ev. They passed it on on the i3 for a while.

I know this got transitioned over to BMW but I don’t see myself getting the Ioniq 5. Maybe the 800v architecture is where the additional $ went but I checked it out this weekend and it doesn’t look like a $45k+ car let alone the $50k+ the dealers are trying to mark it up to.

I know retro futuristic styling is either a like it or leave it thing but things like the door handles seem overly complicated. I don’t get why so many manufacturers are trying to be so “visionary” with their EVs. Just build a nice vehicle and advance things a bit. We don’t need to have zero buttons, we don’t need haptic “buttons”, we don’t need door handles that the valet won’t probably figure out, etc… They claim it’s a SUV when in reality it is the very definition of a hatchback, and there is nothing wrong with a hatchback. It’s got as much cargo space behind the passengers as a Prius (let that sink in). The cloth interior/seats look cheap as do some other things. I don’t know, I was just hoping for more and could have maybe stomached a $5k markup if I liked it enough but I didn’t. I’m sure they’ll sell everyone they will make for awhile but if I were spending $45k-$50k I would gladly spend it on something else. As an example the ID4 definitely has it’s faults but it seems like a heck of a lot more car for the $.

2 Likes

Huh? If anything it’s the ID4 that took button reduction and haptic touches too far.

Don’t forget if you live in Texas, there is a 2,500 cash rebate for EVs :slight_smile:

1 Like

And that’s offset by the full tax paid on all leases

1 Like

Its unfortunate thing we texans have to pay full sales tax but if stars align and they often do :slight_smile: one of these EVs will be a great steal down the road.

1 Like

Like I said, the ID4 also has it’s own faults, and yes the haptic buttons and less buttons in general bug, but for $45k you get a decent sized SUV, panoramic roof, leather seats, bigger cargo area, etc. while the Ioniq starts basically @ $45k and you’d have to pay a decent chunk more for those things. I don’t see where the extra $ is in the Ioniq 5 but am guessing the 800v architecture is part of it.

That 800v is going to be real fun. ‘Level 4’ charging would make life even easier.

Agreed, it’s one of the benefits of it but unless you do a bunch of long distance driving you won’t really see the benefit. As always each car has it’s own benefits/downsides and each driver has their own needs, many of which differ from mine. I just think a lot of the Ioniq’s additional costs are “hidden” is all I’m saying and as I don’t do a ton of long distance driving it seems like “wasted” $ to me. Shoot, I have done several 300-400 mile trips and some 600 mile trips in a Bolt per day. If I can handle that I can definitely handle the ID4’s ~100kW average charging but if I’m being honest yes the ~200kW average for the Ioniq is even better :slight_smile:

Dropping $50k for a quick charging 300 mile range hatchback with a cargo area the same size as a Prius that has cloth seats, no sunroof, and a very sparse interior just seems like a hard sell to me but again I’m sure they will sell everyone make they can make.

The upper trim levels of the ID.4 have leatherette, but I’m fairly certain that even the top trim does not have genuine leather. Just as an FYI.

i honestly don’t know how people can enjoy the ID4 infotainment system. its a mess.

IDK how you reached this conclusion…

The Ioniq 5 has:

1. More range
  2. Faster charging
  3. More safety features
  4. The ability to draw power from the car’s batteries
  5. Better infotainment & ergonomics (not just IMO)

Considering these are EVs, numbers 1 and 2 are kind of important.

But best of all:

It has 4 switches for 4 power windows. And doesn’t require taking your eye off the road to see whether some genius toggle switch is in the front or rear position to operate two window switches.

All the ID4 has going for it is 8% more cargo space, pano roof on a lower trim and the requirement to love haptic touch points?

2 Likes

Neither does Tesla. :smirk:

1 Like

Correct, sorry I was just using leather to cover what is basically non-cloth in cars. Apparently all the bad stuff in the batteries, tires, etc. is ok but whoa better have a vegan interior :smiley:

Well, maybe the vegan leather is also more recyclable. :slight_smile:

I haven’t had the opportunity to sit in an ID.4 or a Ioniq 5, but I think that they are both pretty appealing. And I’ve read so many bad things VW’s new infotainment that that alone might be a non-starter for me (since either car would have more space than I need on a regular basis).

Per the Ioniq 5 Facebook group, Flemington Hyundai is selling their in-stock units at MSRP and taking their orders at 1% off MSRP (Per their website)

1 Like