Anyone else throwing in the towel and buying a Tesla?

All wives by definition are more sophisticated than their husbands. At least that’s what I’ve been told by my wife.

5 Likes

The bolt euv’s “equivalent” is the model y, not the 3. At least compare pricing on like segments.

2 Likes

My wife drives a minivan (Chrysler Pacifica). She loves that thing. :thinking:

Considering we signed the contract with excessive money factor and no residual value, you are correct.

2 Likes

More than 50% of my Genius bar appointments for replacement screen/device have taken place > 500 miles from home, which is a convenience I am thrilled to pay below market rate on my warranties to access.

At no other tech support establishment have I witnessed 4 Marines in dress uniform conduct a funeral for an original iPhone (at that memorial service, where I was a seat away getting my MBP screen replaced for free under the delamination campaign - I can honestly say I saw things I had not witnessed before or since).

Most Genii are tools, but occasionally you get the bridge-troll who only fixes Mac Pros and Thunderbolt issues, and they have stories if you have the right incantation.

5 Likes

I love minivans. There I said it. Please let me know where to send in my man card. I drove a Chrysler T&C for a bit a while ago. That thing was versatile and ridiculously comfortable. It was pretty slow, and handled like a boat, but as a family “bus” it was awesome.

3 Likes

LOL You really need to explain that “sardine can” thing to me. Mix metaphors much?

The reference sardine can means packed extremely tightly.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-comparisons/?veh1=401866229&veh2=401885360

If I’m driving a “sardine can” wtf are you driving? My car has 4 inches more rear leg room and 1.5 inches more front.

Preach on brother.

The quality of one, sorry it was a bad translation. “tin can” would be closer? Shit box? not sure the proper verbiage for a poorly built and severely lacking features garbage mobile. You may use whatever metaphor fits, I’m not exactly an english professor.

The X3 doesn’t even come in a convertible either!

1 Like

Someone was mean to you in junior high, right?

1 Like

Here we go. The last resort of all Tesla apologists. If all of you would just admit that you have a shit box that goes fast in a straight line and makes fart noises to distract from the fact that it’s an ugly as sin shit box with zero luxury or convenience features, you’d all feel better.

1 Like

To answer OP’s question, I thought about it but want to wait till the dust settle on the possible re-up on the tax credit for Tesla.

1 Like

You’re lying about driving Tesla Model 3 or Y in Performance trim if you believe it can go only go fast in a straight line.

It will out-corner, out-brake, out-steer your BMW.

1 Like

Have you seen a chevy bolt? I understand the dislike for Tesla, fanbois are annoying no matter what product they are “fanning”, but hard to take people who deal in absolutes seriously. I currently drive an M340 and just got a model 3 as a commuter car for the wife. Not sure what luxury/convenience features you would say the BMW has that the model 3 doesn’t? As most people say the quality leaves a bit to be desired in the Tesla, but I can’t say the BMW is exactly the pinnacle of quality after driving it for 2 years. Still more fun than the Tesla, but I digress.

4 Likes

Yes, it will out-corner, out-break, out-whatever my bmw sitting in traffic going to the mall. Are you 12? Do you race it daily? Or you and your wife get off on racing ancient muscle cars from traffic lights? I have much better ride, much more comfort, many more convenience features, and a roof cover that closes when I want, but I get it car go brrrrr. Go speed racer go.

just pulling things out of memory

• leather
  • build quality
  • retractable sun shade
  • HUD
  • blind spot monitoring
  • better ride quality
  • apple / android integration
  • ambient lighting piping through dash and doors
  • shades in rear doors (helps with the kid)
  • sun roof
  • apparently now lumbar support, lol seriously?!?
  • this one is debatable, but from my personal experience my headlight setup is better

and I’m not even going to go into service and all of that jazz.

1 Like

Why don’t we take a nap and calm down

4 Likes

But I’m so close to changing someone’s mind on the internet!!!

----- no one, ever

19 Likes

Can we please get back to being civil and understand that cars mean different things to different people?

9 Likes