Anyone else throwing in the towel and buying a Tesla?

Tesla is also still adjusted for the current market. Model 3 Standard Range Plus was $3,000 cheaper last February.

Nope. Every other car on the road feels like an antique. My previous 2 cars have been '18 Volvo S90 & '20 Volvo V60CC, both with “auto-drive”.

After owning Model Y for less than 2 months, everything else pales in comparison. The only car I would rather have than what we own right now is a new S Plaid.

3 Likes

You’ve driven one? You’ve specifically driven a performance model? When is the last time you accelerated 0-60 in 3.5 seconds or less? Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Yes

Yes

That totally comes up on a daily basis. /s I’m not going to drive a mess on wheels with shit interior, ugly exterior, dumb interface for everything and lacking basic features of other cars for that one time a year when someone pisses me off and I can get to the next red light faster than them. That will make the experience totally worth it!

6 Likes

Of course not. These are merely a few year old vehicles and will find their buyers one way or another.

tenor-1

The EXACT look on the dude’s face in the Charger 392 Hemi Shaker when my wife left him from the stop light. Made me laugh the rest of the day.

2 Likes

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what do you drive?

Plan to order a basic model 3, at least saving some sales tax.

Well this is quickly turning into a Tesla vs Anti-Tesla thread if it hasn’t already. But with incentives and discounts drying up, for those looking for an EV, the gap between a model 3 sr+ and a Bolt EUV is close to zero

2 Likes

There’s the Audi Q4 e-tron/VW iD.4 and the BMW iX and i4. In a few months you won’t have to choose between a cult econobox and a washing machine.

3 Likes

Yes, I would also laugh at my wife for drag racing from traffic light to traffic light.

'21 X3 xDrive 30i with everything but the ventilated seats. And just to satisfy your curiosity even further, I literally didn’t get m40i because it’s a ton of useless power that I would never need. Anything else you’d like to know about me to satisfy your curiosity.

I know exactly enough now.

1 Like

I beg to differ. It has been said quite a few times but let me repeat it - Teslas are not good leasing candidates, hence the recommendation to buy/finance.

I do not own a Tesla and I am not going to crap on anyone who owns one. I prefer ICE cars at the moment, but I might go the EV route someday.

At the end of the day, I love my car. That’s all that matters.

2 Likes

Bro, that’s so deep!

How can you be so unsophisticated! Apple and Tesla is all that matters.

Oddly, I recommend Apple products to my older friends precisely due to their lack of technical sophistication. They just want shit to work, and I get that. That, and their Genius bar, stocked full of sophisticated folks.

1 Like

You come to Leasehackr for depth?

Just remember: you’re driving the past, I’m driving the future.

Wait until Apple makes a car and Tesla releases a phone. People’s brains are going to short out as far as which one to defend.

1 Like

I disagree…I think they’re prime for cognitive dissonance.

I’m driving a kind of luxury car, and by kind of it ain’t an x7 or a gls. You are driving a sardine can. What powers them is completely irrelevant to me. I literally don’t care if it’s powered by unicorn farts, electric motors, blood of the innocents or exploding dinosaurs as long as it drives. I looked at eTron, just wasn’t a fan just like I test drove Q5 and Q7.

Just to be very clear, I’m not anti-EV, I’m anti-cult of Tesla. If by the time my lease is up or I need another car and EV will be available that’s not a piece of shit from every which angle, I will get that, if not I’ll get ICE. I sure as shit won’t be screaming to everyone who’ll listen that I will never drive another ICE or another EV.

4 Likes

:grin::grin::grin: My wife has an iPhone so she must be more sophisticated than me.

2 Likes