Anyone else throwing in the towel and buying a Tesla?

Wow. 10k more! Who does Musk think he is??

1 Like

Haha yea because it was like 90 bucks a month for 3 years :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

$90/mo for 3 years, and I’d drive a Tesla too! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Haha yea of course. But the point being that at MSRP with the same rebates I’d rather spend the extra money.

I love the Model X as much as the next but having to resort to this……well, sucks

7 Likes

Was it in an accident or something, or just the doors failed?

Its kind of interesting that Tesla hasn’t increased the pre-order prices for the cybertruck. Either there’s a small arbitrage opportunity or the truck is vaporware at this point and won’t be ready in 2022 either.

2 Likes

animation winning GIF by Disney Pixar

6 Likes

More than likely they’ll just inform prospective buyers that due to rising materials cost (or for some other reason) they cannot honor the original proposed costs, but that they can immediately fully refund their $100 deposit if they don’t wish to pay the proposed new pricing.

This would be the honest thing to do and you wouldn’t even have to chase them down or call them out publicly to do so. :smirk:

2 Likes

I would have to refresh myself, but I think the order of vaporware products “coming any day” is:

4 Likes

Don’t forget the $35,000 (before destination) Model 3 that was expert level hard to order even when times were good.

2 Likes

Here in NorCal, even real Camrys can get timely repairs. I’ve never seen a brand go to beater status so damn fast. M3 already used as ovenight airport parkers and home depot lumber runs…why risk your much nicer LR/RR ICE SUV?

4 Likes

Cheap laptops might break faster, but it has nothing to do with Windows…

I love my Surface Pro and nothing can beat the performance/price of my desktop PC that is paired with a 49” Samsung monitor.

Oh that’s the argument you are not going to win on a car forum in a Tesla thread. While I agree with your statement, that’s not an argument worth even having.

Someone senior with experience leaving Tesla usually means that they are about to pull something stupid and of questionable legality where veterans don’t want to have a black mark to their name. Watch for a new announcement that semi is going to have industry first flesh light built in so the truckers stop wasting time picking up hookers at truck stops.

3 Likes

Or…hookers ARE the truckers, and Musk becomes megapimpdaddy overnight.

2 Likes

Entirely possible.

My main point was that cheap stuff isn’t always a smart purchase in the long run. Apple doesn’t really make inexpensive products, and I would wager that most of their products outlast competing products. The MacOS/Windows differentiation is kinda/sorts coincidental.

officially delayed, MSRP or otherwise

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a37257513/tesla-cybertruck-delayed-to-2022/

2 Likes

Shocked Hot Tea GIF by Prodigal Son

5 Likes

FSD should be an indication of typical overpromising and underdelivering that Tesla is notorious for. There’s people who bought in nearly 5 years ago and still have yet to receive what they paid for (and are rightly furious that you can now subscribe to FSD)

I’m not too salty about it since we bought our Teslæ during end of quarter pushes and effectively got FSD as a promotional gimme against price paid for the vehicles. :smiley:

2 Likes