Anyone else throwing in the towel and buying a Tesla?

Yes, lots of the electrify America stations are 350kw

2 Likes

And that’s perfectly OK. It was however laughable when the early Tesla S was attempted to be positioned as comparable or being equal to an S-Class. The build and interior material quality of them could not have been further apart.

It’s a very different driving experience for sure. The early Model 3 cars were painted with a roller judging by the way they looked in their showrooms, hopefully they’ve gotten better. Glad you’re enjoying retirement.

1 Like

Thought this was interesting and surprising…several people on here were willing to pay $800+ for one so assumed they were flying off the shelves

1 Like

I think max usable rate is actually ~270KW.

I don’t know what VW dealers are asking for them, but I was underwhelmed at the launch. VW is going to struggle to move them when the federal incentives end. We’ll see how much US production can reduce the price.

2 Likes

VW better install FSD for everyone in America because they’ll fall asleep looking at the ID4.

5 Likes

It’s ok. Chevy has shown that you can move an ugly combustible Bolt as long as the price is right. Waiting for leasehacking of ID.4 for 199 a month in late 2022.

8 Likes

Lol, forget a Tesla. I’m trynna figure out how I can snag a Hummer EV. I love it!

$2,000/M

1mo payment broker fee.

:rofl:

4 Likes

Another price bump

5 Likes

Q1 adjustments are hidden due to space constraints.

:kissing_heart::ok_hand:t2::battery::oncoming_automobile::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

4 Likes

$10K more than the S LR we ordered end of June. Maybe we’ll just flip it when it comes in.

2 Likes

Base Model 3, the one I ordered, is unchanged.

I have a friend who leased one about 18 months ago…his payment is over $700…no autopilot, range about 220.

Current lease is about $580.

This is not the environment to be picky about buying cars unless money means nothing, or cars mean everything.

Yes, it’s unchanged from this price increase.

3 Likes

And any car enthusiast can’t say that seeing a Tesla on the road every 10 seconds is a good thing.

This is true for 95% of cars on the road.

It seems like Tesla is the vehicle equivalent of our current political state. So many attacks from both sides… People who like Tesla think cannot find a single thing that Tesla does wrong, and people who dislike Tesla cannot find a single thing that Tesla does right.

If nothing else Tesla has at the very least jump started the EV race in America. They’ve proven that there is a large market for EVs and other manufacturers have jumped on board.

I’ve only driven two electric vehicles. My current Chevy Bolt and my friends Model 3. If I had to choose between my $40,000 Bolt and my friends $50,000 Tesla, I would absolutely choose the Tesla without question.

5 Likes

There is a reason you drive a bolt, no?

1 Like

I think most people that aren’t tesla fans are pretty forthcoming that tesla does some things very well.

4 Likes

Totally see the parallels there.

1 Like

Like in politics, the vast majority aren’t on the extreme fringes, nor care to be, so they remain unrepresented in the discussion.

4 Likes

Hear no evil, see no evil.

1 Like