Anyone else get one of these $1,500 Jeep Mailers? Potential Gladiator Hackage?

Apparently it stacks with current offers and is valid on the Gladiator (not Rubicon). It’s making it VERY tempting to try and snag a Base Sport for cheap, if I can get someone to play ball. I have a TrueCar certificate too but I don’t think they can stack? Par for the course with CDJR dealers I’m getting incredibly conflicting info. If it were possible to get a Gladiator for a screaming deal, would any of you be tempted to bury negative equity into it? Because I’m very tempted.

You are correct, its an extra $1500 rebate that you can stack on top of any other deal/programs. Only eligible for people who recieve these in the mail.

Only hiccup I could see is that dealerships are not required to participate or honor this rebate

Any reason why they wouldn’t? Does any of this come out of their pockets?

Doesn’t come out of their pocket. Was saying that based on this line in the program rules:

“PARTICIPATING DEALERS:
All franchised FCA US LLC dealers who agree to abide by these Official Program Rules are eligible to participate.”

1 Like

Even though the residual on the gladiators is pretty good, I wouldn’t exactly consider it a great car to roll equity into. Rebates are limited to non existent typically and the MF on them tend to be moderate to high depending what bank you go through.

On a side note, l I love how they send out a mailer and say “bring it to your local dealer” when a lot of the dealership showrooms are closed and aren’t allowing customers to come in lol. I know the “hackers” wouldn’t visit a showroom before negotiating the deal anyway but I’m just saying in the sense of normal every day people.

There’s $2,000 in additional rebates right now. If I take the Rodo deal @z0lt3c got and rough out what an additional $1,500 in rebates is worth, that becomes about 273 a month with 273 DAS. If the Truecar certificate for $500 I have will stack then it would be even lower.

1 Like

how much in negative do you have?

doesn’t seem like that much?

If I were to do something, I’d have to add 120 a month to whatever my payment ended up being.

The biggest problem is you would have to deal with an FCA dealer, sounds pretty awful.

7 Likes

eh a lot of people on here would advise against it.

are you calculating that amount before or after interest?

That’s a good bit of negative to have to roll over, also I just looked at the MF on his deal and it’s up there…your gonna have pay interest on top of any negative you need to roll in so I would say wait it out if you can.

Yup! 2020202020

I was doing it before interest, but regardless if I could turn an Acadia into a Gladiator for less money a month, does that sound like a good idea? I know what we tell everyone about negative equity but I’ve never been one to shy away from it, if it made sense to do it. Paying less for a Gladiator than an Acadia sounds like it makes sense to me, especially since I’m not even really using the Acadia. It’s not being used and I have to pay for it anyway. At least this way I get a toy to play with lol.

$3500 in rebates plus a high residual sounds like a win to me.

Jeep will definitely lower their residuals eventually on Gladiators in the future

Someone posted maybe a week back the gladiator aftermarket cap options and they looked awesome. I would do it, I’m sure you get someone to play ball. I got in shouting argument with my local FCA sales manager he said no way to 500 a month for a Durango R/T true sign and drive then he hung up…two days later he called and asked if I could pick up that day.

1 Like

I look at it this way: I’m paying 380 a month for an SUV that I have very limited use for at the moment. Even if Turo was an option, who is renting anything right now anyway? And do I really want to deal with that? It’s a sunk cost. My remaining payments, dispo fee and tax on the dispo fee come to about 4300 bucks. Depending on interest and length of the new lease that’s anywhere between 120 (39 month) and around 180 (24 month) per month. Is there a number there that would make sense to go for? Possibly pay a little bit less a month (or maybe the same over 24 months) and have something that isn’t that less practical, and that I could actually have some fun with taking the top off and doing some light off roading? I need to research insurance costs, but the idea really is tempting to me. Gas free commuting for me (when I get to commute again) courtesy of my Bolt, almost gas free commuting for my wife (if things ever get back to normal) with her Volt, and a weekend toy that can haul stuff too with the Gladiator. Am I wrong here?

I was just browsing turo the other night, I found someone with 3 cars in their fleet that I sold them. lol.

6 Likes

Yeah but are they actively being rented and returned? I have a feeling that this is gonna be like AirBNB right now, a total disaster coming.

I think they were. Probably not anymore.

They have 27 cars in their fleet :astonished:

I’m not a expert on the gladiator but when incentives got better I reached out to a few locals to broker some deals for them. I think 24 months was the sweet spot. I get sick of things very quickly and in many cases willing to take a hit to get rid of it. I think go for it…i like the hunt of getting a deal as well.

1 Like

Well in a few months they probably will have HAD 20… I’m guessing repos aren’t a priority right now for anyone, but they are coming sooner or later.

1 Like