Anyone decide to purchase a car instead?

What did you buy? What else, if anything, did you consider? What did you pay? Etc

1 Like

I debated between a pair of these or moving to whatever leased best.

loosen up rudy gay GIF by NBA

2 Likes

Not me, but my cousin was able to sell his Rubicon and pick up a 4Runner TRD Pro at MSRP. Tacos, 4Runners, Wranglers, are probably the best purchases IMO.

I was thinking about selling both of my cars for equity and driving a hooptie for a while. Had my eye on an E38 7 series - low miles, one owner, always in Santa Barbara.

1 Like

I’m buying out my current 2019 ram 1500 lease next month. I would go lease a new one and cash out equity but production on 22’s seems to be end of this year. Plus chip shortages seems to be affecting you from picking certain options. So I will just wait it out until then.

Was it a sporty shorty?

No she was a big goirl. 2001, Blue with grey interior. Might try to get a pre-facelift and pre-VANOS version though. Always something I’ve wanted to own since I saw James Bond drive one.

3 Likes

I bought my '17 430xi GC for $490 a month at 0.9% interest and I’m already bored of it.

3 Likes

Will you be upgrading your phone any time soon?

10 Likes

It’s funny you say this, I’m trying to figure out how to cancel my iphone upgrade program. There is no point to upgrade phones anymore, they are basically all the same cameras just get better.

1 Like

I was looking to lease a Prius Prime since i was driving about 40 miles everyday, I now have to drive about 100-120 miles everyday so i just bought a Model 3 LR instead, I sold my Jetta to my local Toyota dealership, they beat Carmax/Vroom by 500-1000 (plus not having to deal with waiting for the money or taking my car to Carmax which is about 2 hours away), while there i saw the Supra…damn it was so nice, no test drives apparently LMAO.
Paid MSRP pre increases and i managed to still get the updated interior trim on the door, CCFR rebate $1500 and post sale rebate $2000 (still on a waitlist for that).

2 Likes

We have 2 cars on order.

1. Tesla Model 3 SR+ with a few options, no FSD.

MSRP: ~$43K
Selling price: MSRP
OTD: Selling price + zero tax + DMV - NJ Charge Up if funding remains = $38,xxx

1. Kia Telluride EXP

MSRP: ~$43K
Selling price: MSRP + $399 doc
OTD: Selling price + tax + DMV

Both have September ETAs :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Does tesla do msrp at time of order or time of delivery?

2 Likes

Time of order, after placing my order they increased it gradually by 2k but I still paid the initial price.

2 Likes

Yep, I had ordered a Charger 392 Widebody. The leasing on these cars sucks on a good day, and that was pre-COVID (and the widebody package). Chargers/Challengers typically hold their value decently well, and I anticipate the widebody package to further encourage that. I got a great deal on my factory order, sale price a little over 4% under invoice, plus a couple of other rebates/incentives. Balloon loan with PenFed. I took delivery the Thursday before the 4th of July…still has less than 300 miles on it tucked in the garage. :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t think they explicitly commit to that. But according to forums they honor pricing from the order date if it increases subsequently. @mllcb42

2 Likes

That’s a Class A misdemeanor

2 Likes

:rofl:
I guess I shouldn’t say that my first week+ of ownership, the car sat with all of the (factory) plastic in tact… I told the dealer not to wash the car when it came off of the truck, and they literally did nothing besides fuel and remove from transport mode. I drove it home with the interior wrapped in plastic and the even had to install the rock guards, sharkfin antenna, drill holes for the rear plate, etc. :yum:

Yes. Mazda MX-5. 0.9% interest won over a 58% residual.

3 Likes

If the rear tires aren’t down to wear bars by Labor Day they’ll take it back.

2 Likes

A lot of people that i know started buying and leasing cars left and right, the payments that they tell me are astronomical, they make it seem like they stole from the dealership just because they let the car go for “only” 5k over MSRP. In 1-2 years there will be a lot of people underwater on those loans, excited to see how it goes. Neggy Eggy

2 Likes