Anyone buying seat covers for their leased vehicles?

You do you. I like curry and I like iced cream, not at the same time, not in the same stomach at the same time.

Actually the example falls apart because I’m not especially fond of kids. I was one - I get the hype. Like cruises and Micheladas: totally lost on me.

I was following a particular black lab on instagram (one of several) whose whole feed was ruined when it got a human little brother. Cute to the parents and family I’m sure, unwatchable to the original audience (not unlike every TV movie and reboot attempt at Knight Rider).

:+1:t2::+1:t2::dog:
:-1:t2::-1:t2::baby_symbol::baby:t3:

I give you … DUKE! 2.0

1 Like

Looks like I may be investing in new car harnesses. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah it’s my next purchase for the pup. She already sits up the whole time like a child would anytime we drive.

1 Like

I have a car seat cover for the front seat when I take only one of my dogs and a large cover for the rear seats when I take both of them. I also have a harness and buckle so they can’t move around the cabin and I cover the center console with a towel so they do not scratch the carbon fiber inlays. I also have these covers that hang down from the window so if one of dogs wants to put their head out the window, they are not damaging the leather on the door armrest. I should also add both of them are small (25lbs and 15lbs) so it is highly unlikely their nails will go through the covers and they do not shed.

I do this since I do not want to be charged any fees for damage and even though it is a lease, I do not want to next owner to get a trashed vehicle.

We can’t wait for the dogs that we got before we had kids to die :sweat_smile:

YMMV! :rofl:

2 Likes

Yikes. I can only imagine. Only the good dogs die young.

Blockquote

These types of car seat covers work for my 2 looney tunes…last lease went 39mo and the backseat looked pretty much like it had been sat in 10 times
Let’s see how the bimmer does this time around

1 Like

Which ones? Not showing up for me…

The same one from Amazon I tried to quote the post above but apparently now I suck at forums

the whole point of a lease is that its a short term rental…I could care less about the seats, paint, or anything else. Drive it like you stole it, or buy it!

1 Like

There is that whole excess wear and tear clause in your contract.

Exactly. Plus I’m not trying to tear up a nice vehicle for the next person that gets it. Shit happens but I’m not trying to make shit happen.

My wife and I definitely use a cover for the backseat and the doors in our leased car. Keeps the seats from getting tore up and helps it stay a bit cleaner! There’s only so much you can do for Siberian Husky hair, though…

Send help:

1 Like

He clearly butchered some poor sheep…that can’t be his hair!

1001% agree. The only reason I covered my seats for my dogs is to make cleanup of dog hair much easier when transporting 2-legged passengers.

Pull the blankets out, throw them in the dryer (no heat) to remove the hair. Quick vac with the Dyson(s)(z) and done-zo.

For my sedan, I just use a divider for my dog https://www.subarupartspros.com/sku/f551ssa400.html since I can relate to you damaging my seat cover if I place them in the middle row. Choose to carry them at the back when I have some company while travelling. If you want to place them on the middle then you should just get a dry mat for dog but only use that if you don’t have any company.

We did, only because we have a dog that sheds like you wouldn’t believe.