Anyone buying seat covers for their leased vehicles?

So @Benedetto helped get me a lease on an XC60 a few months back (thanks again if you see this), and I’m wondering if it’s a good idea/worth it to get a rear seat cover. I’ve got a couple 60 lb dogs that would love to ride in the vehicle but I’m worried their nails will damage the upholstery. Volvo doesn’t sell a rear seat cover for the 2019 model and encouraged me to purchase a protection plan from my dealer (~$1k) that would cover repair/replacement of the leather if it were to get punctured. I’m less than thrilled with that option and would rather pay ~$200 for a seat cover but I’m wondering what those of you with similar situations do. And if any of you have purchased a rear seat cover so your pets can ride with you, any recommendations for one that is durable, well fitted to the seat, and doesn’t look like trash? I haven’t purchased one yet because the ones I have seen on various websites look awful.

Eh I wouldn’t but we don’t have dogs.

If you paid for extra wear and tear it’s a whatever but if you didn’t I would definitely cover them. I wouldn’t buy one custom to the vehicle though. Get something well made that can transfer between cars. I recommend a hammock style so they don’t keep hopping up and down off the floor like my dog.

I use these:

2 Likes

Why don’t you put your dogs in the trunk? It’s not like you have a sedan.

3 Likes

I use something like this

Works great

3 Likes

Because I care about my animals and they like to put their heads out the window. What kind of monster do you think I am?! :wink:

4 Likes

Wait, what? Please explain…

This is an option I’ll have to consider again but I haven’t had luck with this style in past. The boxer still ends up with his front paws on the seat and the rest of his body in the hammock.

First I put them on my :peach:

Then I use that to cover the :seat:

1 Like

It’s obvious ursus’s parents used to put him in the trunk on the family outing.
At least that sounds more humane than Mitt Romney who apparently left his dog on the roof of the car during a trip …

1 Like

But how will I drive from the rear seat?

3 Likes

Obviously in this case the dog wears the pants. Sheesh. :rofl:

2 Likes

Won’t people look at me funny for driving around with no pants on?

Uhm, don’t people with large dogs in the car just use a blanket or some sort of cover from Amazon? I would use that purely from an ease of cleaning perspective, regardless of any potential damage they might do to the beautiful ‘Swedish’ cow hide.

1 Like

Is you car reminiscent of Wonder Woman’s jet?

1 Like

Ah… touché

I’ve used a blanket the few times they’ve ridden with me since I got the car but I was looking for a more permanent fix. I don’t have kids and my wife is usually the only other human that rides with me so a permanent dog setup in the backseat is what i’m looking for.

Do the seats in the XC60 fold flat? I’d just fold them down and then blanket over the backs. A palatial doggy play pen! Job done.

1 Like