Anyone buying seat covers for their leased vehicles?

Done that before too! But for some reason, the dogs need a seat back for stability or they go flying around with every turn.

2 Likes

When I saw the headline, I thought the mom was just having her kids reach their arms out the window to hold it down, and I was like, “How can you be arrested for that?”

And then I read the article. WTF?!?!?!?!

Yes - bought a rear seat cover for the Outback. Covers the seat cushions and seat backs with openings for seat belt and LATCH anchors. Looks and works great - will post the link if I can find it.

Ivory colored leather + dog + 2.5 year old = forever unclean.

1 Like

million of choices out there, from $20 to these $130.

Do you have any experience with Beddinginn? I’ve never heard of them before but I just quickly looked at the website and it might be exactly what I’m looking for.

Never heard of them either, but it does look very nice. My dog stays on the floor, most of the time.

The one that lets his dogs to put their heads out of the window :thinking:
Ask their vet how much shit gets in their eyes. Not even talking about dogs jumping out of the windows, but I’m sure yours are so well trained and smart that they will never do it

1 Like

They likely do get shit in their eyes but they effin LOVE IT.

Of course every dog loves it, but they don’t have human’s brains.

I can’t withhold one of their favorite things just because it might not be the best for them. I’ll have a cocktail or 2 even though it isn’t the best for me. I gotta allow them to enjoy their life just like I enjoy mine!

I’ve used a collapsable dog tube (European) with one dog in back seat, fitted sheets and a full comforter over the back (seats down) with two larger dingos in my past 5 leases.

I’m looking at something like this Amazon do-dad when the dog stork(s) finally bring my forthcoming new additions (why I got an XC60 instead of a 440 convertible).

My only ever got it under 15MPH between pulling into the neighborhood and garage. Never at speed.

I was a kid when my dog decided to jump out of the open driver’s window from the back seat. Luckily my dad was able to grab her by her hind legs when she was already outside.

2 Likes

Scary!

My 90+ pound labradors only got enough room to get their big decorative noggins out. Even in the In-n-out drive thru they didn’t try to climb out of the car window.

4 Likes

Both of my dogs get hooked up to the seat belts when they’re in the car. I don’t need a dog bowling ball flying around if I get in an accident.

4 Likes

Papa bear saved the day

1 Like

Muse: I love how some dog owners claim that kids are messy. I do not allow shedding dogs in my vehicles; at least I can clean my kid’s messes up relatively quickly. Ever tried to clean all of the dog hair out of a vehicle that large dogs routinely rode in? I did once in a used RAV4 that I bought for my sister. Several hours into it I gave up. There was legit 4” of solid hair built up under the rear seats when I removed them. I should have taken pics :grimacing:

All the time: rechargeable Dysons are a dog owner’s best friend.

For every dog hair left in my last lease, I’ll bet you I find 2 Cheerios or Gold Fish in someone elses. Same for my thankfully short stint as a landlord (~5 years in 2 houses due to moves): no dog related wear and tear, all small human related

And I know YMMV. Probably more fair to compare all puppies to children with respect to destruction/debris.

1 Like

They’re both dirty. Perfect seat companions IMO.

1 Like

I put a couple of towels down on the seat when the dogs are in the car (seat belted in with their harnesses of course). I have a rubber protector under the car seat. All weather floor mats so don’t need anything on the floor.

I don’t let the dogs (or my son) put their heads out of the window in case of road debris.