Any VacationHackrs?

Anyone have experience with Dollar Flight Club? I bought a lifetime premium plus membership for $50. Hopefully didn’t waste 50 bucks…

Never heard of them until you posted.

Do these “reviews” look random and honest and from real people to you? :slight_smile:

Lots of exclamation points and unnecessary detail to share in reviews for a mailing list that tells people about low airfare discoveries…

(I am on The Flight Deal’s free mailing list, and have grabbed inexpensive tickets to Paris and Tokyo I wouldn’t have otherwise found. If this works the same way, you have to act really fast [like minutes or at most, hours] or the fares disappear.)

2 Likes

Hilton waives resort fees if you pay with all points. Easy to get HH points (and status) with cc churning. Status gets you breakfast credits too.

1 Like

The cheeky ones will still get you with occupancy fees, though. Bast’ds. Can’t escape them fees, unfortunately :thinking:

That’s the best way to travel.
Conventional is boring.

This is why I try to keep a spare on hand. :smiley:

As I boarded flight 1 of 2 to California a couple of weekends ago, I heard a cracking sound, saw with my peripheral vision smallish pieces of ? flying multiple ways, and then felt the sensation of the handle crumbing in my hand.

The handle itself rolled a couple of rows backward underneath a seat. I didn’t bother.
So…

RIP Samsonite, hello TravelPro. (The Tumi looked terrible with my Tumi laptop bag from a different collection, so that went back.)

1 Like

Good thing, show up at the Flagship Lounge with mismatched luggage like that and you’ll be blacklisted for at least 2 years. “Sir, maybe you would be more comfortable next door in the Admirals Club”.

The bag I chose says, “I don’t gaf.”

The one I returned says, “I can’t dress myself in the morning.”

Anyone have any recommendations on how to burn Wyndham points? Got 90k points a few years ago that are about to expire. They have so many junky properties they are hard to use. Stayed at Grand Wyndham in Clearwater a few years ago which was pretty nice but don’t want to go back there. Not sure I’ll be able to get out of country before they expire for Intl properties

Maybe a rental somewhere?
Linky

1 Like

Banff is stunning (in case you haven’t already been).

1 Like

Will check that out - wasn’t aware of that option

Nice - Banff has been on my bucket list for years!

Tesla M3 rental price dropped and I was trying to “modify” reservation but Hertz website is so buggy it wouldn’t let me-even their app didn’t work, but persistence pays off and I was finally able to switch to a SMALL SEDAN and then after 15 minutes modified again to the Tesla for $78 all in Prepaid (this will cost me $0 when I apply Cap-One points for this booking) Hertz lets you modify the prepaid reservation two times only. I always check to see if any cheaper rates have dropped-up to my trip date and quite a few times modified to the cheaper rate. :+1:

2 Likes

Check your Amex Offers:

1 Like

Is Audi On Demand like Silver Car, but at the dealership? The latter I’ve rented from (once), the former is new to me.

Yes, select dealers.

Looks like they do short- and long-term rentals.

Select the dealer first here, then put in your dates.

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hertz to pay $168M to customers

Airbnb / vacation rental tip

A lot of homes/condos in prime tourist areas are run by a management company. In place like Colorado ski areas, seems that way.

You can avoid the Airbnb or whatever service charges by just booking through the management company directly. Yeah, you lose some Airbnb protections but you can check the management company’s reviews and booking policies.

Just did this for a CO ski trip, save $120 in Airbnb adds for booking direct.

1 Like

We did the exact same and saved $300 in Airbnb fees. Highly recommend. The management company was on yelp so they seemed legit.