Any suggestions on BMW dealers in the DC, MD, VA area that would take this offer?

Any suggestions on BMW dealers in the DC, MD, VA area that would take this offer?
2022 BMW 440i Convertible Custom Build

• MSRP + Destination = $72,095
  • Dealer Contribution = $2,150

I will be financing via PenFed so I can leverage the additional $2,500 PenFed Incentive

Thank you.

BMW of Alexandria Contribution offer was $1,500
BMW of Rockville Contribution offer was $1,650

I’ll try Catonsville as I’m not far off from my target. Can’t believe I’m fighting to get 3% off MSRP.

Kinda pointless to compare discounts without netting all the other variables like doc fee, “pre-installed” accessories/add-ons, etc.

I might do that deal out of a nearby state with OSF (Penfed) and no dealer adds… What’s your timeline?

These are the extended details I’m interested in. I’m also in no rush to receive the vehicle.

• PenFed Discount = $2,500 (Should I be asking for other BMW incentives?)
  • Dealer Processing Fees = $500
  • MD Tag = $300 (estimate)
  • MD Tax 6%
  • No Trade

You’ve left plenty of ambiguity in that deal for a dealer to hit every single one of those (well, I don’t know what the penfed incentive actually is), and still mark things up substantially.

Marked up mf, accessories/add ons, etc

Since OP will be financing, they won’t have to worry about marked up MF.

1 Like

Well, ok, but even with marked up mf out of the discussion, there’s still plenty of room for ambiguity.

“Yah, we’ll totally do $2150 dealer contribution! Oh, the $1500 VIN etching? That isn’t a mark up… it comes on all our cars!”

1 Like

All, thanks for the feedback and correct on many suggestions. BMW of Alexandria is marking up the money factor to .00151 so I figured I should look at buying via PenFed financing. Attached is the build sheet and if a dealer is interested, please direct message me

• 2022 BMW M440i (Attached is build sheet)
  • PenFed Discount = $2,500 (Should I be asking for other BMW incentives?)
  • Dealer Processing Fees = $500
  • MD Tag = $300 (estimate)
  • MD Tax 6%
  • No Trade
  • No add-ons, accessories.

Thanks

1 Like

No real timeline. I’m following the market and trying to navigate the best deal in crazy times. What state is your dealership?

1 Like

I’m in no rush. What’s your recommendation for timeline?

They also have an insane doc fee. Should be over $1000 not $500.

Yeah I’ll do that deal. Reached out in PM’s

My local BMW dealer agreed to my discount asks however told me that if I order a 2022 BMW M440i this week since it won’t arrive until ~Feb/March of 2022, the car will be subject to the BMW price hikes of about $2k on this model. I do see that BMW is looking to increase rates however wouldn’t the deal be based on the December deal sheet? I’m using outside PenFed loan financing and not using BMW financials if that matters in locking in a price. Any suggestions on how to maintain current pricing on a custom build that is placed this week?

Dealer here, so… I’m putting my perspective out here. We never want to make a deal with the caveat of, “Hey, there’s always a chance the factory will increase the base price of the car you’re ordering” because… well, what are the chances? We don’t have a crystal ball and while the prices do go up every few years we have no idea which year.

You have the option to shop around for a better price knowing about the price increases, too, but I have a feeling it’s going to be hard (if not impossible) to make your dealer eat the price increase. It’s not their fault that the news hit after they said ok to the deal.

1 Like

Are you saying the MSRP is going up $2k, the rebate is going down $2k, a combination of both or something else entirely?

Doesn’t seem like it would be anything related to finance rates if you’re bringing outside financing (PenFed).

MSRP is going up by $2k in 2022.

What is the % discount off MSRP?

1 Like

The original offer was $4,750 off an MSRP of $72,095. It included a dealer contribution of $2,250 and the BMW/PenFed $2,500 discount. The dealer is now saying that the updated MSRP will be closer to $74,095 based on 2022 price increases. They will still honor the $4,750 off however the car is now 2k higher in price. Note. BMW USA build still shows the MSRP at $72,095 so not certain when the price increase goes into effect but because I’m doing a custom order, I can’t take possession until Feb/March 2022

My interest is trying to lock in the MSRP of $72,095 with the $4,750 off this week. Any suggestions?

Not much internet strangers can do if the manufacturer plans to increase the MSRP.

Well, not really since (see below)…

So actual dealer discount is only $2250. That equates to a discount of about 3% off MSRP (before the price increase). Ask the dealer if they will honor the % off and not the amount off MSRP.
If not, you could reach out to BMW brokers on this forum servicing your area.

1 Like