Any reasonable SUV leases to be had?

How are those other vehicles meaningfully quicker than an Atlas?

Have you driven an Atlas? :slight_smile:
Those other cars may not be markedly quicker, but they certainly feel better.

What’s your current monthly payment on the Atlas? I’d look at what some of the brokers here offer on Volvos. Maybe you can get a decent deal on an Acadia as well?

Also, you need to look at all of the other threads here about the new rules and restrictions with 3rd party buyouts. VW Financial will no longer let you cash in the equity on a lease by selling to a 3rd party like CarMax, Carvana, etc.

If you proceed with the buyout you’ll have to get a VW dealership to buy it out or buy it out yourself, which means there are tax implications.

2 Likes

Should be doable under $600. You can also look at the highlander and traverse/enclave

We’ve truly reached bizzaro world if an Acadia at 600/month is a reasonable lease

6 Likes

As others have stated- to leverage the equity you’ll have to buy it out yourself or get another VW …,OR an Audi perhaps.

If she’s open to a GLC, maybe a XC60 T6 or X3 can be added to the list… Depending on tax and whatnot, those might be attainable in the $600 range

1 Like

She likes the GLC but I don’t think its possible to hit my target price. I’ll have her give the XC60 a look. Thanks.

Still working on getting the actual dealer buyout number…

Finally got the VW Credit third party buyout price. VW is adding a $8138 market adjustment to the price a dealer would have to pay to buy my Atlas.

1 Like

Some market Intel from NJ. GLC premium pkg 715, BMW premium pkg x3 680, grand Cherokee L limited 866 & overland 989 ! My lease doesn’t end until November so I’m going to ride it out with the back up plan of buying out my 2018 x3. If you can wait, I’m hearing there may be year end incentives across the board.

Thanks, I appreciate that info. I have a quote for a Jeep GC Limited w Light pkg and Sun & Sound for $620. Before I get to replacing the Atlas I need to decide if I want to take a loan, buy it off at my price, pay taxes (I think this is unavoidable), then sell. I stand to make a coupe grand even with paying the taxes.

1 Like

Mazda CX-9 Grand touring.
I just got the touring and it satisfies everything except for heated steering wheel. But grand touring has that.

1 Like

Here in South Florida there still seems to be decent deals on the Honda Pilot

Do you know where? I have been looking… and not really seeing this.

I saw these terms advertised at Ed Morse Honda in West Palm Beach:
2021 Pilot EX 36/10k $1999 down plus tax/tag/dealer fee/1st month at $284

Not a great deal but good for the times we are in with a 3 row SUV a bit under $400/mon when calculating the oop as monthlies.

That can be a huge amount of up to $3000. You can hide a lot in that little disclaimer.

Did you read the fine print at 85mph on the Ed Morse Billboard next to I95 and Blue Heron? That looks like a $400+ a month zero down lease with the disclaimers

1 Like

This has been an interesting process.
The third-party buy out is $8K more then my personal buy out price for market adjustment. I have an appointment tomorrow with an Audi dealer to see if they can buy out the lease for the same or close to my buy out price (as a VW auto group dealer).

If they can, and I can pocket some equity money, I am looking at leasing my wife a Q5. She likes it and the Premium (base) w Convenience pkg car comes with her must-haves, heated seats, heated steering wheel, pano roof.
I ran the numbers on the dealer advertised lease (with my 6% Affinity Program discount) and come up with just over $600/mo on a sign and drive 36/12 lease. What do you all think?

Your calculator doesn’t show that.

Maybe I did something wrong. I see a pre-tax monthly payment of $617.