Any help with auto dim mirror on accord sport 2.0T?

Any suggestions for upgrading the system and for winter use on these huge wheels with low pros?

tons on driveaccord.net.

Personally I wouldn’t run winter tires on the 19’s, I’d pick up a set of 17" wheels. 5x114.3" is a common Honda/Acura size and you’ll find wheels all over the internet for relatively cheap.

The stock tires are fine for normal driving. They are not performance tires though and do lose grip during “spirited” driving…just lay off the throttle😀

I would run snows on either 17 or 18 inch wheels.

Don’t believe all the internet negative comments, the car is pretty awesome!

1 Like

Good info- thank-you

1 Like

I hate the look of aftermarket wheels but the oem ones are still really expensive. I’ll have to decide within a few months! Ha.

I’m with you on the auto dimming mirror. It’s not something I ever thought about driving my old Civic. Just wasn’t something I cared about in my new car. But to each his own, I like the HUD and ventilated seats so I’m clearly no purist.

I’m also jealous of your tune. I wanted the 2.0 but was ultimately swayed by great deals on 1.5 and wife’s argument that we don’t need a big engine to sit in traffic. She was right, our average speed is under 20 MPH.

1 Like

I will trade a few torques for your ventilated seats :heart_eyes:

How’s your fuel economy? I average 30, best tank has been 37. Hard to keep my foot out of it for an entire drive let alone an entire tank.

Cooled seats aren’t that great, they’re nice to have but not an extra $6000 nice, haha. Touring in my area was leasing at like $480, hard hard hard pass, tlx don’t even lease for that.

Also, don’t have that issue if you don’t have a wife! :rofl: Pedal to the metal baby!

Also, the non existent led high beams will bother me, as well as non led reverse light, license plate lights, and the turn signals in the rear, don’t ask why it bothers me but it does.

The one feature I missed the most (and really the ONLY feature I missed) when I moved from an MB C300 to my current Golf Sportwagen is the auto-dim mirrors (side and rear on the MB) + Homelink, esp since the Golf is oddly short on interior storage space for small, frequently used items.

I very much wanted this in my next car but couldn’t justify having to move up in trim (when I was looking at non-VW cars) to get it. Bleh.

Fuel economy is real variable although we are averaging about 25 MPG over the last 8 months. The wife’s once or twice a week commute into DC is a killer. Seven miles round trip and it takes 40-60 minutes. Of course on last road trip to inlaws we we got just under 40 mpg so it does seem like the problem is our urban driving. We also use the remote start a lot cause kiddo screams less when carseat is comfortable temperature no idea how much of an MPG penalty that causes.

The Accord has ventilated seats which I really like but they aren’t cooled seats like some luxury makes, def not worth 6k. For what it’s worth, the Gizmo I like the most is definitely the HUD. And yeah, leasing touring didn’t end up being attractive. I paid cash for mine since VA taxes make leasing (or really just owning late model cars) an expensive proposal that I couldn’t justify for our second car. Plan is to keep it long term. Although the car holds its value pretty well (when you factor in the 20% off MSRP) so if i decide to get out between years 2 and 3, my guess is I’d be looking at an effective payment of under 300 month.

What do you do for the winter? I’m sure it snows where you are. How has it been in the winter with the huge wheels?

Couldn’t tell you. When it snows my office closes so we just use the MDX on those days. Also probably only real snow on the road 5 days a year here.

But I would definitely get snow tires. From growing up in New England I can say with 100% confidence they make a huge difference.

I’m in SE Michigan. We didn’t get much snow last year and I got by but I definitely missed having winter tires. I will be looking for a set of snow wheels/tires this winter.

Snow TIRES or a set of wheels that are 17 or 18” with their own tires? I feel like snow tires that are 235 40 19 will wear extremely fast, and any sizing different doesn’t seem like it will fit the wheel well with turns.

I will likely do 17" in either 215 or 225 width. 235/40/19 snow tires are very expensive.

I’ve gotten quotes for tires to be about $1300 but I can ultimately get a set for $1000 on tire rack or eBay, I was thinking of buying 17” accord oem wheels and putting tires on those and be out the door for around $800, plus avoiding the fee to mount and dismount tires twice a year.

You need the sport grille too! The mustache is way more annoying than the flip mirror :rofl:

On my touring I don’t have the auto dimming mirror either, however it does have more of an anti glare mirror with a bluish tint on the mirror where absolutely no high beamed or bright Xeon headlamps seem to bother me at all. It’s a feature I never knew would be so great to have. First car I have with this feature. Do the sport 1.5 and 2.0 have that ?

I was totally going in that direction until I realized how much extra all the black-out would cost me. Then I picked a different color.

Looks great!

But that windows need to be tinted. :sunglasses:

1 Like