Any help with auto dim mirror on accord sport 2.0T?

Hey guys,

I just signed a deal on a 2019 accord sport 2.0T, it drives me crazy that there’s still a flip mirror. Who, if anyone, has switched this out for an auto dim mirror? Can anyone give me any advice or details? Do you have to go oem? Aftermarket? Is there already wiring?

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried Accord forums? This is not a very DIY site, unless it comes to leases.

3 Likes

My apologies. Thanks so much.

Check out:

Does your mirror have the camera built into it for some Honda sensing features? Might be a lot harder to change mirror if it does. Don’t want to void warranty by screwing up the electronics.

The Honda Sensing camera unit is mounted on the windshield, so it’s totally separate.

@Rutlelog:

1 Like

Didn’t know that thanks. Then it should be pretty easy to install a auto dimming mirror.

Easy is relative. Check out the instructions on the link I posted. I’d rather do a timing belt :rofl:

Easy as in easy for mechanic, windshield replacement company or dealership. Definitely not easy for me. Haha, I wouldn’t get within 10 feet of this job myself.

Haha, I was going through these instructions thinking “oh this isn’t bad.” Then it got to the “remove sunvisor” and I thought “well I guess that makes more space to work.”

Then I got to the point where you have to start pulling interior trim and reconnecting electronics… That’s when the timing belt job started to look easier haha.

2 Likes

The VW auto-dimming mirror sounds like a similar install (you have to pull off the the A-pillar trim to hide the wiring). I plan to take the car to the dealership to have that install done b/c it’s a little crazy to be ripping off trim.

The last car that I owned that didn’t have auto-dim had the auto-dim wiring in place so it only required swapping out the mirror and plugging it in.

I wonder how much cost savings car manufacturers have by not wiring all the cars the same at the factory.

Honestly I came from a 2011 Acura TL (“FULLY LOADED”) and haven’t missed the auto dim mirror at all in my Accord. I rather like flipping it. $300+ is much better spent on a KTuner or better speakers :rofl:

I will have to keep that in mind, I just always had auto dim, and countless reviews bashing the flip mirror so I wasn’t sure. Taking delivery of the beast tomorrow morning.

Meh people on the internet complain about everything. I don’t mind it. I have a Hondata Flashpro on mine, I run the 6MT Stage 2 93 octane :racehorse:

2.0 6spd owner here and agree that the mirror is not a real issue. Spend the cash on something else!

1 Like

Wow, I will take that advice then! Thank you much! Also, what do you think of the 180W system?

Are you still on your stock tires? I can easily get wheel hop at less than WOT when I shift into second gear with the stock tires and stock engine tune. Just curious - thanks

That’s the other thing I was worried about - I take delivery tomorrow morning, the stock tires ive heard are horrendous, especially here in North Dakota, lots of snow and icy winters.

Yeah I’m still on the stock tires. I have 34k miles and I will definitely need new tires soon, I will probably just get really nice all-seasons since I drive so much.

Both Hondata and KTuner have traction control software that utilizes ignition timing retard, it’s waaaay faster and more effective than the stock traction control which utilizes the throttle plate. But if I turn the traction control off I can get wheel spin in third gear when the turbo builds peak boost :sweat_smile:

@Rutlelog Regarding the stereo, it is very mediocre but for that price point I didn’t expect it to be anything great. I came from the incredible Acura ELS system so it took me months to get used to it.

1 Like