šŸ’š Andy | Hyundai | August 2022 - Preorder your Vehicle Today! | Buy or Lease Numbers Inside

Is there an updated doc for July?

Or an essay about charge up nj phase 3

6 Likes

Are there any IONIQ 5 available in north Jersey?

Yes with admā€™s

Edit: you can find msrp just have to do some hunting.

1 Like

Where? I would buy one today if I could find one at msrp

1 Like

Inventory Shortage has pretty much eliminated any chances of a good deal on the Ioniq 5 with Charge UP NJ Phase 3 at this time. Other cars, such as Tucson PHEV and Elantra Hybrid Blue are on year+ waits.

Similar to Charge UP Phase 2, dealerships have the choice of whether or not they want to participate in this program.

Since dealers do not have inventory of electric cars, most are unable or unwilling to participate in Charge Up NJ (for now).

I will update when the situation changes, but, for now, prices are sky high, and I have no great deals to offer on EVs right now.

Thank you to everyone that is interested. I wish I had more $92/month Ioniqs like from 2 years ago, but those days are long goneā€¦

Best of luck on your vehicle searches,
:green_heart: Andy

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a big reddit thread going on at r/ioniq5 on the topic. But to your question, I doubt.

Andy, is your phone working properly? My cousin, who youā€™ve been in touch with, has been trying to text you but is getting a message that the texts are not being delivered successfully.

Thanks.

Closing the thread until further notice.
Edit: Opened by brokerā€™s request

If this thread is still open at the request of the broker, will the broker refund fees collected for cars never delivered?

I referred my cousin to Andy who paid him the $250 broker fee. Andy has now gone MIA and his phone no longer works.

Any thoughts?

4 Likes

Suggest your cousin sign up and post here. Would make it far easier and more credible if it comes from the source.

2 Likes

My cousin isnā€™t a LHā€¦just someone that wanted to buy a Hyundai in NJ.

Interesting that you donā€™t find me credible. I posted here 12 days ago simply trying to get in touch with Andy since my cousin could no longer reach him. The broker didnā€™t respond on his own thread. So I posted again that my cousin paid Andy a broker fee but cannot reach him. Iā€™m sorry that you donā€™t find me credible but if I were an observer, Iā€™d be more concerned that the broker advertising on LH isnā€™t responding to a claim, even if to dispute the claim.

He didnā€™t say you werenā€™t credible. He said it would be MORE credible if it came from the source vs a 3rd party.

Put it this wayā€¦if you were looking on a review site at a restaurant, and saw the words ā€œMy experienceā€¦ā€ vs ā€œMy cousinā€™s experienceā€¦ā€ which would you be more interested in listening to? The source or the third party?

5 Likes

Understood. Still, Iā€™m not posting a complaint from an account that was just createdā€¦ Iā€™ve been active here for over a year. I originally posted to just get in touch with the broker. Didnā€™t think I needed credibility to do so.

I PMd Andy to hopefully get this resolved. Otherwise, my cousin will dispute the credit card charge. If that doesnā€™t work, I guess Iā€™ll reimburse my cousin for the fee he paid. Iā€™m the one who recommended Andy based on this forum.

Hey, I do my best to respond to all customers and prospects. I donā€™t have time to respond to everyone, especially when the number of inquiries far exceeds the number of available cars. I have been trying to reach this customer (who I assume is your cousin, since you didnā€™t provide a name) for a while now. Im able to send and receive messages with others without issue, so it seems to be an issue with their phone. I have already offered this customer a refund, but if theyā€™re not receiving my texts, theres not much I can do. For the record, their contract expired 8/8, 3 days ago, but this customer asked me about extending it to wait for a MY23, well before the expiration, so there was never even a request for a refund.

I respond to those that I can help. Any refunds requested are almost always processed immediately. But Iā€™m under no SLA to respond to your heckling. Iā€™m available, I just think @WeakestLink is trying to stir the pot, which I donā€™t have time to respond to. Iā€™m making an active choice to not get into it with someone that isnā€™t buying anything from me.

3 Likes

Issue resolvedā€¦ Honestly wasnā€™t trying to stir the pot but thanks for issuing the refund.

1 Like

No worries on my side. The most frustrating is when texting itself fails. Iā€™ve certainly had to power cycle my phone than once after reading here that messages are not going through. In this case, I just got a whole bunch of queued up messages from your cousinā€™s phone so it sounds like it was just a glitch in the matrix.

At the end of the day, I wish I had an Ioniq 5 for your cousin. Or anyone else on here thatā€™s chomping at the bit for them. The market is really rough on these right now, pretty much anyone waiting at MSRP is looking at 1year+ waits, which was definitely not normal 4-5 months ago. Iā€™m hard at work trying to bring more EVs to this forum, but it is dry out there. Thank you for your interest!

Iā€™ve seen a major shift in Ioniq 5 availability here in NJ, which I associate with the pending loss of access to the federal rebate. All of a sudden, I can have my choice of Limitedā€™s for Sept delivery from multiple dealersā€¦ The SE and SEL are still hard to get because they are under the NJ ChargeUp MSRP limit.

2 Likes

Its fine, really. You did what anybody else would. Its just that weā€™ve had issues around here in the past where one person posts a problem and 20 others jump up and down screaming for absolutely no reason. So I was just trying to head that off. No offense to your credibility at all. Hearsay can be a tricky thing, thatā€™s all. Regardless of our best intentions, details get lost in translation. Iā€™m very glad it was resolved quickly, and I very much appreciate you posting to let us know.

4 Likes

Hey Andy just sent you a text, looking for a Tucson for my mom. Was also looking for an Ioniq 5 for myself but woof on those. Although maybe more will pop up now that the EV credit has changed, weā€™ll see. Hyundai was keeping the EV credit anyway on leases, right?

1 Like