Amex Plat - 150K Bonus Point; Gold - 90K Referrals

Today is the last day for the gold referral bonus offer. I have 1 referral left. Please pm me if you need 1 and are seriously considering.

Dang churning is one of my other online hobbies. Didn’t realize LH had a thread dedicated to this.

Since there’s no questions atm, I would like to point out that AMEX points I have found to be much less useful than Ultimate Rewards (Chase).
Just passed my 500k UR milestone and approaching 200k AMEX points. I’m not a master at this, and my velocity is much slower than many but if anyone needs CC churning advice, ping me!

1 Like

Amex vs UR really depends on your travel habits. Even for me I find UR to be more useful in most cases but there are a few niches for MR

Certainly. Seems like MR are great for overseas travel, but I’ve only been in the game since basically Covid so haven’t even had the chance to explore redemptions like that :confused:

@bro1999 Visa Classic, Signature and Secured Credit Cards | USALLIANCE Financial

Triple check that the points are still redeemable at 1 cent each.

(I have an old PenFed card that pays “5X” on gas, “3X” on groceries and “1X” on every thing else, but the points are worth somewhere between 1/3 and 2/3 of a cent each, depending on how you redeem them, which makes the card pretty much worthless compared my other cards).

A post was merged into an existing topic: Any VacationHackrs?

Now included with Walmart+, which was already included in Amex Platinum membership.

Where else can you get so many free things you neither want nor need for only $700 a year?

8 Likes

I just got the W+ email and gave this deal to a family member since I already have the ad-free subscription. Behind HBO Max, Paramount+ has become my second favorite streaming service. However, I pay for none of them (Starz, Showtime, Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, AMC+, Apple TV+, Peacock, Amazon) as part of my deals (negotiations) is whenever I write for a network/studio, I get free membership in the contract. I started adding it when I realized leads in shows/films did not get free subscriptions (or they give them ad-supported). That is just ridiculous.

That said, streaming is going to kill itself off soon.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to watching this tomorrow in-flight. Might be the last time I log in. :slight_smile:

We pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime. I could do without both. My attention span is roughly the duration between YouTube ads. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-for-youtube/cmedhionkhpnakcndndgjdbohmhepckk

Now you can watch 100% more meaningless content

If it’s the same one I’ve tried before, it works great with Chrome on my Windows laptop, but not on my iPad (on iOS it just blocks the audio and video so I was just staring at a blank screen where the ad would otherwise be for the duration). Are you using this with iOS?

Also ‘SponsorBlock’ add-on, skips embedded sponsor segments, crowd-sourced so most effective on more popular vids.

Insofar as attention span, thanks to caffeine, I watch most vids at 1.5 to 1.75 speed, save music.

Why not pay for Youtube on top of that to no see their ads?:slight_smile:
That’s one thing I’m gladly paying for not to see ads.

Plugins give you the same, so no need to pay. Android has several good front-ends apps too, can even download vids in various quality levels.

I use it a lot more often on many devices and not just desktop/laptop.
It’s on TV for kids, on phone aps - Don’t want to wrangle with plugins for every single device that has it.

DDG ‘PiHole’.

I would if it wasn’t $11.99 a month, which includes things I’ll never use.

Half that just for no ads? Sure.

are you saying you don’t take full advantage of such free goodies as free $300 Equinox membership, free $300 soul cycle and free shop runner? All while at the same time only earning 1pt/$ on most things ? :rofl:

1 Like

free equinox membership did exactly what it was intended to.

I bought in, got my $25 a month, haven’t seen the inside of a gym for 3 months, and now pay them the remaining 185 a month every month on autobill.

I will say the purchase protection and return protection are where I get my value. easily covers the fee every year, before any points, lounges, etc.

1 Like

Just yesterday my mom received the eclairs I sent her from Saks.

I didn’t know what else to do with the second $50 credit this year.

With tax and shipping (before the credit):

2 Likes