Alternative to Audi A4

Hello,

Since I keep reading that Audi leases very poorly what is the best alternative vehicle (opinions of course)

Q50, 3 series, etc

2018 C300 loaner

There is a lot of options… basically the entry level unit of any luxury brand… Or you could get a fully loaded non luxury brand… Ie. altima, maxima, accord, optima etc…

Audi A4 leases decently right now, although MF marked up in October. You also have to remember that Audi’s are far better equipped - every 2018 A4 has navigation (as of June), real leather, memory seats, sunroof, brake assist, keyless go/entry, etc. Those are sometimes optional on the other Germans.

Don’t forget Tesla Model 3, Volvo S90, Passat SEL, Jaguar XF and/or Audi A5… Yeah I know, Audi A5 as alternative to A4 …

at the price of an audi lease you can easily get those features on any 3 series, or c class.

I leased an A4 Premum Plus for $411/mo, $0 down, no first month payment. I don’t think that can be replicated right now with the MF up, but it’s far nicer equipped than a $400/month C or 3. The sacrifice is a smaller engine, which doesn’t matter to me but would be a deal breaker to others.I cam from a Q50 3.7, I honestly can barely tell it’s “slower.”

Don’t forget about those ho-hum Japanese sedans!

You lose out on the badge and AWD option, but my wife and I just opted for the Mazda 6 Signature over “insert luxury compact car here”. It’s quiet, comfortable, absolutely gorgeous, and completely loaded.

1 Like

Acura TLX.

I no doubt would grab a Mazda 6 but the FWD won’t work for me in Ohio.

1 Like

With a good set of winter tires, I don’t think you’d ever know the difference.

Coming from an Audi A3 Quattro I can’t imagine that would be true.

That’s a fair point here in the Midwest. We are in Chicago and were originally only looking for AWD cars, but after researching/driving the 6 I was able to convince the wife that having one AWD vehicle in the house was sufficient.

But when it comes to safety/confidence on the road that’s a decision everyone needs to make for themselves.

I leased a 60k 5 series earlier this year for 440 month 24/10 and a fully loaded 3 series last year for $310 24/10k, both with zero due at signing.

1 Like

Is the Mazda 6 really that good?

I could think of the 2018 Es300h, IS350,

Yes, going to need the AWD or Quattro as I live in Minnesota. Current car allowance through work is $425 per month so trying to get the most bang for my allowance.

This is all great info…keep it coming

How did your employer come to $425? Do you need your car for work other than commuting?

Go with the 2018 ES300h 43 MPG and going for ~$300/mo. Great on the highway.

Was just a number we settled on in our contract. Used for commuting, client visits, meetings and such.

People drive RWD in the snow. What did people do before awd?