Alternative to Audi A4

Any proof to this? It would be all over Leasehackr if they were this cheap

George has it.

1 Like

Fantastic deals. Both are unicorns and we canā€™t make people get the idea these are common. They arenā€™t.

Your unicorn is naderadeā€™s daily mule ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not saying it canā€™t be done. Iā€™m just saying having AWD to safely commute to work in 4 inches of snow is essential. Itā€™s a safety and convenience issue for me, and if itā€™s available I will take advantage of it.

Here is a pretty solid ad from a local dealer.
Essentially 375+tax for a 50k diesel 328xiā€¦ with some negotiation could easily get it down especially with loyalty or conquest.

1 Like

Other than his ā€œdealā€ nobody has gotten it. This likely excludes acquisition fee, DMV fee, tax, etc and is on a base ES350 that is rarely stocked. Only 7500 miles per year as well. Combined with the fact that we donā€™t see tons of posts for his deals (despite the countless people that inquire), I just donā€™t buy it

1 Like

It already includes loyalty, conquest, etc., etc. So in other words we are looking at $400-450/month when all is said and done for most customers. On a 7 year old sedan about to replaced.

1 Like

That doesnā€™t include loyalty or conquest. Iā€™ve dealt with this dealer before and they donā€™t include that. If I was in the market Iā€™m confident I could probably get this under 350 out the doorā€¦

Even still, for a fully loaded 328 AWD diesel in the 4s, I would much rather have this than an a4 ESPECIALLY at 24 months.

Different strokes for different folks tho

Yes, AWD or at the very least FWD is almost a must for safety when living in MN. It seems that a majority of the ā€œdealsā€ are in the larger souther markets. Living in MN you really only have the Minneapolis metro and a few dealers in the luxury space. Not sure if this allows for the ability for higher mileage? What dealers will ship? Anyone have any experience in finding a car to lease states away?

Agreed.

Iā€™ve lived in WI, MN, ND, NY, and now IL. My current Jag is the first AWD car Iā€™ve had, all the rest have been FWD and I did just fine. My wife on the other hand, insisted on an AWD vehicle when we moved to the foothills in upstate NY because it made her more comfortable.

I definitely donā€™t find it is an absolute must, but if AWD is something that makes you feel safer and/or more confident on the road, then itā€™s probably worth it.

Iā€™ve only had mine about a week, but Iā€™ve put a few hundred miles on it since then. That said, I was shopping it against the A4, 3 Series, etc and I have no regrets.

Other than AWD, it has ever feature that a $50k+ luxury car has. IMO it is easily the best looking car in the non-luxury segment and might even beat out all of the luxury models except maybe the Giulia. Itā€™s quieter and more comfortable than many luxury brand cars Iā€™ve been in, and it maxes out at $36k!

Apologies to @jbrooks, I promise Iā€™m done turning your thread into a Mazda commercial :sweat_smile:

An alternative meaning a better lease deal? Q50, 3 series, or perhaps a Giulia.

An alternative on the carā€™s merits? The Tesla Model 3 is a better drive and far more desirable IMO. Once you test drive one, you wonā€™t want an A4, Q50, etc.

1 Like

Can you even buy a Tesla 3 right now?

Awd helps with getting moving. All 4 wheels brake in any car, so it wonā€™t help you braking. Wonā€™t be too drastically different in handling. They joke and say the cars that wind up the furtherst off the road in a snow storm are awd cars. Snow tires are the most important things you can get

Having said that, Iā€™m totally with you. If I had a choice, id shell out more for awd if I lived in that environment. But fwd would still be suitable

The seats are horrendous in these Audiā€™s! Drive it for 30+ minutes, and you will see.

Also looking to replace my 13 A6 Prestige 3.0t with a newer Audi but they lease so bad, might have to go back to BMW