Almost Signed: 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 Momentum - Sticker: $43,465, Payment: $380 w/ $1000 DAS (PA)

His fee and shipping aren’t going to add up to $1800. Why not PM him and get some concrete numbers?

2 Likes

just did. :wink:

3 Likes

You selling price isn’t $34472.

Step back and start by getting rv/mf/incentives on this from edmunds.

This was the residual and money factor from the dealership, and the Broker on here used the same numbers. It must be an incentives thing?

do i put the “sales price” from the quote sheet or do i use either the “gross cap cost” or “net cap cost” in that spot of the calculator?

You should always start by getting rv/mf/incentives. Having the brokers confirm that you have the mf right is good, but never rely on the numbers the dealer gives you. Always independently verify.

The sales price they’re giving you has all the incentives rolled in. You need the price before incentives. That requires knowing ALL the incentives (which generally is more than just the costco/first responder additional incentives).

This allows you to properly compare against other deals and to make sure that tax is being properly calculated in your calculator.

1 Like

All,

Just to “come full circle” on this, I am getting the breakdown of the incentives and selling price/discount from my dealership to provide for you all.

Further, while I appreciated NYCLife’s great deal and advice, I am sticking with my current dealership for now. The dealership he uses refuses to provide a quote sheet (they don’t want to be price shopped). I respect and even understand their reasoning! HOWEVER, when you have a deal that is SO substantially lower than anyone else (I worked with two dealerships, and have a friend who is a broker as well, and none could get CLOSE), and then the refusal for the quote sheet, it just isn’t enough transparency for me to be comfortable.

You might say: “well, who cares, that is their problem, take the deal!” and I wouldn’t fault anyone for doing so. However, I also work in sales as a financial advisor, and I believe in being totally transparent with my pricing for my services right from the start. Car sales doesn’t always work that way, I know, but when you combine the two factors together, they need to be more transparent in this case.

So, it isn’t NYCLife, it is the dealership. Q was very helpful and his prices are VERY competitive!

I will update with the other numbers when I have them, but I did want to explain what my thoughts were as I continue working through the deal.

I will post my response here…

"
Brian,

Considering I’ve sold 350 volvos over the past three years with this dealer, I don’t think its fishy at all. If you’d like to pay my retainer of $100 I’d happily get you a written quote, and if it doesn’t jive with what I’ve said, 100% refunded.

There aren’t any other rebates that can be applied to this car per volvo. We are 3250 back of invoice.

I 100% believe in being transparent, which is why all of my numbers are always posted for anyone to view. You are asking for a quote sheet for what reason, ask anyone on here, my deals are legit. We aren’t going to give you ‘free’ leverage against your current deal to get a better deal.

At the end of the day, you are the true hero for paying more than you should, it enables all of us leasehackrs to get the deals we do!

Cheers!!
Quentin

"

9 Likes

This sounds incredibly reasonable to me

7 Likes

i agree. I didn’t know that option was available in order to get a quote sheet until he posted it/sent me that info.

You couldn’t be further from wrong here my friend. I can tell you haven’t done your research enough on here to understand how brokers work. Yes, can you get a better deal at times on a one off? Sure you can. What brokers do is get the best deal without the back and forth hassle. The reason they don’t provide quotes is for 1) to protect their business, and dealer relationship. 2) to shop the quote and go around them. I know you didn’t fault Q but you just haven’t done the research to stomach a good deal from a top broker on the site. These dealers treat broker deals separate so you play the game or pay more…for many they chose the deal.

1 Like

that is why I wrote back to Q about taking advantage of his services. I respect his ability to get these kinds of deals, and so I want to see if we can make it happen before I sign the dotted line on the other!

1 Like

This is very confusing and wrong on so many levels. If Quentin’s dealer is willing to give you a deal that you claim cannot be touched, why is the quote sheet necessary? This is the craziest deal breaker I’ve ever seen. Are you actually scared of saving money?

So if your current dealer is transparent with a deal, but the salesman gets to buy a boat off your deal, I guess that makes you comfortable. Which begs the question, why are you here?

3 Likes

Ultimately, the reason for my hesitation is largely irrelevant. As the consumer, I want to do my due diligence, which is why I am getting the quotes in the first place, from all sources, and that is also why I am here. It is also why I have been communicating with Quentin.

Without Quentin you wouldn’t even know that there’s another $50 off available in this deal. That and all his positive reviews here should be enough. Likely the Buyer just wants the lease sheet to price shop it. Brokers see this all the time that’s why they won’t provide it without a retainer.

1 Like

I am not even providing it to the other dealership. (Edit: and I have already received the deal sheet from Quentin, which I will not be sharing). I am simply evaluating best deals and what I feel comfortable with to make the best choice that my family is happy and comfortable with. Simple as that.

Your are absolutely right. Nobody can forse You to save money.
See the deal below. 10 dealers told me this is not possible.

1 Like

Just curious what the OP did.
Please let us know.

Actually… I got a VW Tiguan! My wife (whose vehicle it is), determined the XC40, while her favorite in terms of amenities and looks, wasn’t quite large enough. We did try to explore the XC60 with Quentin, but we just couldn’t quite swing that cost difference, though it was close!