Almost Signed: 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 Momentum - Sticker: $43,465, Payment: $380 w/ $1000 DAS (PA)

Hope this finds you all doing well and safe.

For your consideration/evaluation/information…

Here is where I am currently on a 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 Momentum. No MSD’s, just $1000 DAS

Year: 2020
Make: Volvo
Model: XC40
Trim: T5 Momentum (w/ convenience package, 19" wheels, premium package, moonroof, heated seats and steering wheel, etc.)

MSRP: $ 43,465
Selling Price: $ 34,472
Monthly Payment: $ 380
Drive-Off Amount: $ 1000
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00088 (I THINK…?)
Residual: 57%
Incentives: Costco ($1250), Medical Professional ($2000).
Region: mid-Atlantic (Philadelphia suburbs)
Leasehackr Score: 9.6 yrs
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

Thanks!

1 Like

Did you even check the marketplace?

NYClife has has XC40 Inscription for less than your deal on his sheet.

His sheet showed monthly before tax. This was all-in w/ tax. Furthermore, based on what I could see, my leasehackr score was higher (9.4 vs. my 9.6).

You may be right, but we might also be right around the same once you equip it the same way, etc. Furthermore, NYCLife did MSD’s, this is purely $1000 due at signing, no MSD’s. My discount off of sticker was also higher (16.1% vs. my 20.7%)

And full MSDs. Still should be able to beat $380/mo with $1k up front since you have Costco and Medical.

Perhaps, but overall, I think I did well as compared to NYCLife (especially without being a “pro” shopper, though I’m not too bad usually).

Yup don’t think anyone is saying it’s a bad deal or you did anything wrong. I don’t think there will ever be a “deal check” post on this site where someone doesn’t say there is still meat on the bone. If you are happy with that monthly for the car you are getting, do it!

3 Likes

I agree! However, I wasn’t talking ill at that comment by @dabeags. Rather, I wanted to make sure I was comparing an apples to apples deal to determine IF there was still meat on the bones with the deal structured in the way I have it.

The MF you have in the calculator is incorrect. .00088 is the correct base MF on XC40 according to all of the broker calculator links.

1 Like

Keeping everything the same I’d roughly be $50 per month less on the same car.

6 Likes

PA tax on leased cars is also 9% and not 6% IIRC

1 Like

Thanks, I updated the MF and the tax.

Combined with Costco and medical, you could def be in an inscription less than this with @nyclife

Plus your fee and shipping it to Philly area? Again, not complaining, I’m asking! I haven’t signed the dotted line on the deal yet!

His fee and shipping aren’t going to add up to $1800. Why not PM him and get some concrete numbers?

2 Likes

just did. :wink:

3 Likes

You selling price isn’t $34472.

Step back and start by getting rv/mf/incentives on this from edmunds.

This was the residual and money factor from the dealership, and the Broker on here used the same numbers. It must be an incentives thing?

do i put the “sales price” from the quote sheet or do i use either the “gross cap cost” or “net cap cost” in that spot of the calculator?

You should always start by getting rv/mf/incentives. Having the brokers confirm that you have the mf right is good, but never rely on the numbers the dealer gives you. Always independently verify.

The sales price they’re giving you has all the incentives rolled in. You need the price before incentives. That requires knowing ALL the incentives (which generally is more than just the costco/first responder additional incentives).

This allows you to properly compare against other deals and to make sure that tax is being properly calculated in your calculator.

1 Like