(Almost) cheated on RX350 AWD deal in MA- HELP ME!

I don’t want to … I’m done with them. I might go there tomorrow to pick up my refund on the deposit…I was tempted to revive it but I said nah…

1 Like

I don’t blame you, everyone has a different experience.

1 Like

lol because of you I ran for the hills !

But hot off the press : I just got an offer another dealer via email:
Thank you for your inquiry on the 2017 Lexus RX 350.
The RX 350 ranges from $47,163 to
$60,454 depending on equipment and is available for
immediate delivery. We will sell this car to you for $47,000
plus taxes and fees.

What should be my next move ? I put it in the lease calculator and it’s good. Do I tell them now I want to lease? Online ?
The MSRP on the car is $54,074… I’m waiting for a response on another RX350 MSRP ~52,000 somewhere else.

Ask for the lease worksheet disclosing all the numbers before proceeding to the dealership.

So I just say I want to lease this vehicle, can I get a lease worksheet with all your numbers? (Are they just using the price of the vehicle that’s it- what more do I say? )
Should I tell them zero down … I need a script seriously. I need to get a car TOMORROW!

Tell them you want to lease with the terms (i.e. 36months/12k year) and would like a quote with $0 down. Also for them to please show you the worksheet that discloses all the information (i.e. Stock number, MSRP, Cap cost, rebates, doc fees, DMV fees, acq fee, MF, etc).

PS. I wouldn’t tell them you NEED a car tomorrow. I’d say you can come in tomorrow to close if the numbers look good.

2 Likes

$54074 for $47000…that’s 13% off. I assume that would include any incentives still around since the end of the Lexus Golden Event? If no incentives are included in this discount, this would be a great deal in my opinion. Any incentives added in on top of that would be a bonus. Dealers are now more apt to provide more cash (previously $1500) toward the purchase their vehicles as opposed to providing more lease cash. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Well I may have found one… they guys in Sharon tried but are overly aggressive.

if you can get 54k msrp car for 47k, then you already are close to a good deal…

ok that was another thing… the rebate should be allocated where I want ? it should be in addition to the discount the dealer is giving me right ?

Following. This is such a good converation learning a lot.

2 Likes

Ohhhh i get it . Test the deal first at zero down, if the payment is at or below 1% MRSP than I can start adding money down or MSDs. But how do I know at what rate the MSD should bring down the money factor.

Wow the guys at Lexus Sharon (where I went before Watertown) are major scam artist too they gave me a ridiculous deal on an RX, Tried to say it was a more expensive car from the NXT (which I originally went for but that shi* is small- lol) that the payment was like $500+ with 4k down… unbelievable.

Yes it would be best if you could tell them you want the rebate on top of the discount already offered… They will resist but they will also know you did your homework …

1 Like

Each MSD reduces the MF by .00008 (max of 9).

The itemization of amounts due at signing was a joke… it was totally funky

from $7850 the break down was

Title fees: 137.50
Acquistion fee: 795.00
Doc fee: 584.00
Upfront taxes :36.81
MA State tax 35.00
MSD: $4275
Cap Cost Reduction 1516.81 (no idea how they came to this number)

All this was totally different from what they told me during negotiation in this break down I couldn’t find the 2800 in rebates. They said they distributed the rebate to other fees and that someone had to pay it?!

I’m feeling much stronger/better about the fact that I walked out yesterday… the numbers and what they were telling me didn’t mesh.

this is great… I’m legit going to paste and copy some of that into the email… I think I should stretch the deal to 15k since I have a bit of room. Well I meant I need a car like tomorrow- I won’t tell them that.

thanks - so subtract the .00072 from the intial MF?

i’m learning it’s saving me the hassle

Each MSD in your deal will lower the monthly payment approximately $6-$7. Putting down 9 MSDs will lower the money factor to .00008 if they don’t inflate the .00080 (1.92%) current rate for tier 1 credit customers to begin with. The buy cash (incentives) should be added to the selling discount off of the MSRP, along with the acquisition fee as part of the cap cost reduction.