(Almost) cheated on RX350 AWD deal in MA- HELP ME!

Walk out. Negotiate with a different dealer via the internet or use a broker.

3 Likes

Excess wear and tear is only $575. Wheels and tires are an extra $20 per month. Residual is 58% on 12k. Never tell them upfront what you are willing to pay per month. Some people are just jealous because they were not able to get their hands on a PGA/Lexus certificate. You can do better in my opinion.

1 Like

I did the deal and cancelled .

I actually did walk out last minute… these guys are all scum bags. Now I’m without a car.

Where do I find the broker ?

Doesn’t sound too bad. Sounds decent.

1 Like

If that was the price without down payment and MSD, would seem like a fair price.

1 Like

https://leasehackr.com/registered-business/

Can personally recommend @Benedetto who brokered my deal.

1 Like

This applies to every aspect of your life when you negotiate, be it a salary, buying a house, buying or selling a car, whatever. The ability to walk away if you don’t get what you want is key. If you can’t walk away will you never win a negotiation.

2 Likes

Just Curious. What dealer was this?

No one is jealous, the joke went way over your head

Choose your battles wisely smartass!

Imho, this was a good starting deal. Not something to walk away from but to negotiate. With MSD, the payments are as low as what we have seen on 12k miles a year. There are lower deals but they are for 7.5 or 10k miles. OP probably felt “cheated” because she is not comfortable with the leasing and negotiating process. A more seasoned hacker would readily have got this for 400.

And that’s why you walk away.

You need to do all your negotiating over email. You cannot keep walking in and walking out.

2 Likes

Dealers in MA don’t negotiate over email :wink:

1 Like

You are right!! I feel bad walking away from this deal… I went to another dealer in Danvers and they wasted my time and efforts to make it all the way up there. even after they knew all the details and agreeed to match the deal if anything . I should have never left.

@BanjiM, its not too late. You can always email the dealer tomorrow and tell them what you don’t like about the deal at hand and what you need to make it better for you and your comfort level to sign.

You have the community helping to guide you, if they speak of the initial numbers you threw out, just tell them you did that uneducated. You now know and understand more, and they shouldn’t talk about those figures, but talk now about how to meet your goals.

Your being there in person, and signing and then walking away, shows you’re serious, just finish the deal via email and tell them once you have the terms in writing in email, you will come back in the finalize.

2 Likes

Merlyne, did you talk to mike?

Nah, I felt like I flipped flopped too much. I also made them do quite a bit. The business manager sat with me for like hours (he was in on the misrepresentation of numbers anyway but a nice guy) . I ended up finding out that I agreed to $42,000 for the car when it came time for paperwork they increased the price to 46,000 because I messed up and told them what I could afford (won’t do that again) so they worked the numbers to reflect that payment. But you know a couple things took place at this dealership that didn’t make me feel comfortable anyway. The finance director almost took me for the ultimate ride hadn’t I found this site and just walked out … When I think about it they tried to rape me of thousands…so I’ll eventually get over it.